Friday, June 09, 2006

Blond Moment

I'm not sure why I feel obligated to actually tell people when I do stupid stuff, other than half the time its funny. And today is not exception.

I have/had internet cable. But fortunately someone in my area has a wireless router that they are not securing. So I'm hopping on that. Today I figured I'd cancel my internet cable.

I got online, found the number and dialed. I sat on hold for 15 minutes. Which isn't surprising these days. I get to the customer representative and explain to him, we'll call him Carl, that I wanted to disconnect my internet cable. His response was silence. I said, "Hello?" He quietly stated, "Mam, you've called Verizon. We don't have cable internet in your area. You'll need to call Comcast."

DOH!

Of course .. Comcast. I'm a dumbass.

I called Comcast, didn't' wait online and disconnected my brain AND my internet cable.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

"Ma'am, you've called Verison."

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm cancelling you, too! How do you feel now, smartass?!"

... oh well, maybe next time.

Nicki said...

Oooo! You've just inspired a post!!

That was hilarious.