Saturday, June 24, 2006

Prom: The Brian Winter's Project and a Hangover

I know you're all waiting with baited breath to find out how last night's Prom went. Excellent dresses, fun music, and of course a girl crying in the bathroom. Not me…sheesh! That was so 1987!

I want to send a big shout out to the Brian Winter's Project (aka Dudley Manlove - they had to give themselves an 80's mega-band name, creative eh?) for an EXCELLENT show. The boys did a sensational job of 80's tunes...many they have not performed before, but we all knew and loved. Songs like - well 80's (Duran Duran, Go-Go's, Journey - of course, Men Without Hats, Asia, and much much much more). The crowd very much got into the 80's theme. Several prom dresses -that probably should have been burned a long time ago - others just dressed in 80's clothing...and bad 80's clothing.

Me and my court? I bought carnation boutonnieres for the boys, and pink carnations corsages for the girls. Oh and all us girls had tiara's with pink fur. The court was: me - from left to right: Gary, Mike, Nancy, Shannon, Me and Sherrie.

Long time buddy Erin and her crew showed up fashionably dressed. Erin "twisted" my hand into doing a "Slutty Redhead" shot. Not sure what was in that but it was soooo tasty. Quite tasty now that I think back. Other alcohol beverages (which didn't exist at my prom) 5 Stella beers (two at home before I left -had to prefunc!), the Slutte Redhead, and then a Touchdown. Shannon "twisted" my arm for that one (some type of flavored vodka and red bull shot).

Gary, myself and Shannon hanging in the back of the bar before the show.

Kara and her husband Scott were able to come out and join us. Kara is the one responsible for my knowing the DMQ. She drug me out to see them many years ago. She passed the torch of obsession to me...well okay I grabbed the torch from her.
More Photos here.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Looks like fun! I think I would have much more fun at a prom now than I had at mine in 1991. Of course, the alcohol would help just a wee bit. :)

Ken La Salle said...

See you got the Flicker thing going on. You're becoming a real Blogger, Jenn!

Nicki said...

Really enjoyed the pics. But probably not as much as you enjoyed yourself that night.

Glad to see you having fun!

Jenn from WA said...

Lesley - I think they should start allowing proms to have alcohol. It definitely helped.

Ken - I hate Flickr....I love Snapfish - but snapfish requires your viewers to have an account.

FM - I would have enjoyed myself a bit more had the lead singer taken me home after the show...but NOOOO....