Friday, June 02, 2006

"Deep within a forest, at the summit of a volcano...

... exists an extraordinary world - a world where something else is possible. A world called Varekai."

Oh man...if you've never had the privilege to experience any of the Cirque du Soleil performances, you are truly missing out.

Last night I witnessed the spectacle that is Verakai. I've been fortunate enough to see many of the Cirque shows...and as I see each one I think its better than the last. More extraordinary stunts, better costuming, better music...etc. But the truth is, they are all spectacular in their own way. Each one telling a tale that is both mystical and brilliant.

As with each Cirque du Soleil show I've seen (Alegria, Mystere - twice, Saltimbanco and Dralion) I was transported into a world where humans defy gravity and people live without bones in their bodies (how else could they be so bendy?). I watch in state of amazement as the fantastical stories unfold in front of me. I sit, transfixed, and watch as the mysterious creatures dressed in extraordinary costumes dance across the stage. I listen to the magical music and find myself hypnotized into a trance of bliss that is Cirque du Soleil.

Each time I get the same sensations and thoughts. My senses are overwhelmed by the strength and spectacle that is displayed. While my thoughts go to, "How the hell does someone learn to do that?"

If you ever get a chance...go see one of them. You won't be disappointed. Its worth the $$.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

I've always wanted to see one of their shows. Maybe I'll do it the next time they come 'round my way.

Jenn from WA said...

You gotta. You just gotta...stop spending your money on Billy Squire and spend it on Cirque... = ) Just kidding...and I only say that because I've discovered just how into BS you really are...I wouldn't want a crazed fan spamming me.

Ken La Salle said...

I have to agree whole-heartedly. Vicky and I went to see la Cirque a while back and we both loved it. But, damn, it can be pretty freaking expensive!

Nicki said...

I almost choked on the suggestion I spend my money on something instead of Billy Squier. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. ;-)

Anonymous said...

and...!!
Tickets for the 4:00 show on 6/8 and 6/9 are being discounted 30%. Last show is 6/11. I am a cirque-a-holic too.

Unknown said...

I have the chance to purchase front row tickets at 150 each or lower bowl for 70. Would lower bowl be better to see everything do you think? If not is 150 worth it? I have never been but would love to go but all tickets are sold out in our city.

thanks,

sue