Friday, June 30, 2006

The Bluest skies you've ever seen...

Are in Seattle.... Thank you Perry Como

Hello sun appreciation fans. As promised I am lunch date with the boys of summer (aka The Dudley Manlove Quartet). It was a beautiful 85 degree day to take the afternoon off and wallow in the rays and the sounds of the DMQ. We had our share of freaks out there - present company excluded of course. But keep in mind this afternoon lunch break was in downtown Seattle. And the atmosphere was ripe for the "freaks" to make their appearance...and oh boy did they.

We had a Solid Gold Dancer - leopard suit, gold lamey and all. And we had a man who appeared to not have shaved in this century brandishing rainbow colored scarves and dancing in a very unrhythmic way. Thankfully the majority of the crowd was more normal than that.

Erin and I bogeyed to our favorite Dudley songs. And the boys did an exceptional job of singing their wittle hearts out.

After the show I drug Erin up front to get my photo with Paul. I bravely called out his name and asked if he'd take a photo with me. "Sure," he said and smiled. If only I could be that bold with the crush. Anyhow, he apologized for being sweaty....I, of course, didn't care. After the picture, I introduced myself as Jenn Wraspir. He shook my hand and said, "Ahhhhh, yes, Jenn Wraspir. We know that name well." (See I'm an active participant in all their votes for songs, posting on their website, etc. My email address happens to be jennwraspir@___.com. See the connection?) We continued to chit chat about nothing in particular...hahahahah I jest. We talked about the band!!! I told them that I was glad to see them keeping the band fresh with new songs, and new shows like the Prom. Oh and I mentioned I was borderline stalking them. He laughed and said, one could never have enough stalkers.

All in all it was a successful Dudley experience for me. I might have my "in" into the award for the BEST FAN EVER!

PS - Flat hair in the photo courtesy of no water this morning at the apt and therefore unable to shower....EWWWWW....Paul didn't care. I'm sure he loves me he just doesn't know it.






3 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Sounds like a cool band, still loving their "fans".

I love downtown Seattle and don't mind the crazies... even in Pioneer Square (which may no longer be but once wasa hot spot for all the Seattle weirdos)!

Nicki said...

Lucky you to get the time off AND see your favorite band! I have my own personal favorites, so I know how much you must have enjoyed yourself.

How does one listen to Dudley Manlove Quartet? Is there a website? Are there cds? You rave about them so much, I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Anonymous said...

You and Paul look like a nice couple. Maybe he would like to go to Westport.