Friday, March 14, 2008

And my destination makes it worth the while; Pushing through the darkness still another mile

You get big kudos if you know what song that's from. You'd have to be alive and functioning in the 70's to appreciate it. PMDude will just roll his eyes at the song choice. (Can we say Holy Lip Syncing?)

Right! So....

Friday couldn't have come at any better time. Man what a week. Firs week in the new office has proven to be most pleasant though. PMDude might be questioning wanting to "office-mate" up with me since I'm not afraid to share all the random thoughts and songs that pop into my head now. He'll survive!

Speaking of surviving, I spent a significant time last night sending letters out requesting donations. I've been very tempted to not send to a few people I have in my linked in list because I've not actually corresponded with them for some time. They were all people who have played a significant role in my career development - positively or negatively doesn't matter. Some were friends once, but life and lack of desire from their part to stay in contact with me has put them in the "no need to contact" list. Still, I sent the letters. I caveatted it with the fact I was putting shame aside and hitting anyone and everyone to help find a cure. And with that....

HUGE SHOUT OUTS TO ....

Former CatShack boss and his two fantastic little dogs Punch and Sulli. You Rock! As do your dogs. I had no idea your dogs were so financially secure.

For shizzle R.Tizzle....Despite the fact you're an Oregon DUCK A HUGE THANK YOU for your donation!

D - "The Topic is..." THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! We really should keep in touch more.

These donations have put me at a kick ass $1230 in donations ... and it's only March.

I also sent an email to all of work personnel too. Stressful! My god, hitting send was hard. I'm not a big fan of sending emails to "all" at work. No bites there yet, but I'm sure there are a few who will donate.

I also sent an email to the boys of Dudley Manlove. Well, one boy anyhow. Also stressful. I played the "I've been coming to see you all for 10 years now..." card. I requested if they would consider our team setting up a booth at one of their shows and collecting donations. And in lieu of that, donating themselves. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath. But so far, every single person who has donated to me has shocked me with their generosity. And I mean "shocked" in a good way, not in a finger in the light socket sort of way.

I had several topics to discuss today, but they've all seemed to have left my little pea brain. As soon as I hit publish I'll remember. So maybe I'll hit save and see if that works. Hold on.

Nope...nothing.

BigBro and I are "planning" on 9-10 miles tomorrow. It's dependent on the weather. Sounds funny maybe, but I have no desire to walk 10 miles (3 hours) in pouring rain. I bought some mole skin today to put on the blister point on the bottom of my foot. One would think that one's foot would be calloused enough now by one's commitment to walking. But NoooOOOoooo! This is not my foot for the record, but this is what it'll look like tomorrow.

This morning something wonderful happened. I found that all the clothing I had that fit was dirty. Okay well not ALL of it, but the stuff I like to wear. With horror I realized I had to go to the "other" side of the closet. All women know of that side. The side in which clothes you one day want to fit back into live. Yah, so I pulled a pair of pants out that fit, but were a tad uncomfortable to wear (too tight in the waste). I was again "shocked" when they fit and were loose. YeeHAW! This walking thing is sure helping in the clothing department.

BTW iTunes bugs the !#$%^& out of me. It is my nemesis. I moved over my songs from the old computer and apparently a few of the songs were authorized already on up to 5 computers. I deauthorized all the songs, and yet they won't play. Discussing this madness with iTunes they said, so sorry, those songs were bought using a different account ...IF I could get to that computer I could deauthorize the songs. Right. Like I can remember which computer in my past has those songs on it. So, smart girl that I am, I thought "I'll show you iTunes." and I pulled out all the back up cds I had made. Hah...so there. Well, except NONE of those blasted songs made it to the back up CDs. iTunes: 1 Jenn: 0! There are about 250 songs lost. Some I think I have on other CDs I've burned, but not all. GRRRRR!

0 comments: