Wednesday, March 12, 2008

That would be Miss Ambassador to you!

No need to courtesy. No need to bow. I'll still be the same old Jenn. Just an ambassador. I'll be signing autographs later.

Earlier this week I was contacted by what appears to be the PR firm for the 3Day. Through web searches they found my blog and read all the wonderful and motivational things I've written about the 3day and my journey. From there they thought I'd be an excellent ambassador for the 3day. They were looking for walkers who would be willing to share their story with the media. Newspapers, TV, radio apparently look to interview participants about the event, and I quote, "bringing it to life these Ambassadors are our best resource." I filled out their form, and waited patiently for an "approval". I wasn't sure if I was applying for it and it had to be reviewed, or if it was a sure thing. I chose to not write about it at the time for fear of jinxing it. And yes, I am that powerful.

So today, I got an email back from them welcoming me as an ambassador. I'm royal. I think.

Anyhow, it's quite a nifty little set up they have. They have online tools that help with getting media coverage, and tips for interviewing etc. As I was reviewing their stuff I thought, hah, this is just the thing to do for when the Saving 2nd Base team decides to do a fundraising event. We can call the media. Get the coverage for the 3day and maybe get more donations to find a cure. Everyone loves a good human interest story. I'd like to be sure we can give them a happy ending too and eradicate breast cancer (or all cancer for that matter).

The best part of the email from this PR rep was as follows: "I suspect you won’t be shy about sharing your story since you’re so open about it on your blog." Who me?

Now if you'll excuse me, my public awaits. Well, okay a project schedule awaits, but it's close!

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

I WILL NOT bow to you...I am the Queen Mother..don't forget. :-)
\
Good for you! You make us proud.

Vicky said...

Welcome to the royal family. I am THE PRINCESS...as you are well aware. Congratulations!