Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Back in the Saddle

So I'm back in the dreary wet Seattle land. Ugh. I stepped off the plane yesterday and was greeted with a blast of 40 ish degree weather. It was all I could do to not turn around and get back on that plane. Except that plane was going to Alaska, so that wouldn't work. But you know what I mean.

I had an absolute blast with the fam. I spent a significant amount of time trying to figure out the family with regards to who belonged to whom, and where and why, and oh my God my head hurt. Something has changed in me in the last 2 years, I find I'm very interested in my family's history. I want to know who is who and where and why. I'm kicking myself now for not having a tape recorder going while listening to the Aunts and Uncles tell their stories. So much I didn't know. Of course a lot of it makes sense to me now as to why I'm the way I am. I blame the family!
Now for a few shout outs:
A BIG HUGE SHOUT OUT TO AUNT JEAN FOR HER DONATION. I know the decision of either buy "scrapbook" stuff or donate to a good cause. I'm very glad that she chose to donate.

ANOTHER BIG HUGE HUGE SHOUT OUT TO PHOTOGIRL AND THE YANK FOR THEIR GENEROUS DONATION. You both rock and I'm so very thankful to know you both.
The donation from PhotoGirl and The Yank put me over my $1000 mark. I'm 20% to my goal of $5,000. And it's only March. I might have to raise my goal.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Awesomeness on the donation, badness on the weather.