Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thanks for Stopping by...now leave!

XXXCrush stopped by in my dream last night. He and his arrogant self stopped by to inform me he was moving to Colorado but before he left he'd help me water my tomatoes.

What? I can't explain dreams.

I can, however, control them. Way...Back...When...in college I took part in a dream study. It was $100 for a three month study. $100 was a lot to a beer depraved college student. I, of course, immediately too the money and bought beer paid mom off. More importantly the study was to see if we could control our dreams.

I have a very personal, close relationship with my dreams and generally remember them. I even think I dream in color, but that can be argued. Anyhow, after several months I was able to control what happened in a dream. If I didn't like the dark shadowy path I was wondering down, I'd tell myself to take a left and it'd be all sunshine and bunnies.

Lately I've been watching The War by Ken Burns. I'm not a huge WWII fan, but I am a European history fan. And while I realize, thanks for pointing it out, that this film is the US side of the house, there's a lot of history to be seen/heard about in this film. I just finished disc 3 last night. I did 5 hours of disc 1 and 2 on Sunday night. Consequently I'm dreaming about WWII. I'm not actually in the war, but rather a by stander floating above it watching it.

Last night I was yelling at some soldier to not go in a building. I can remember consciously thinking he'll die if he goes in. But if I dream of something else, he won't. So I switched gears. I didn't think about the XXXCrush, it just happened. I just wanted to dream about anything else, but this poor kid potentially dying.

Anyhow, if you've not seen this film and you're a fan of history, I highly recommend it. It really is quite well done and WOW the things I'm learning.

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Ahem----trust me...you bought beer! I will never be paid off!!! You owe me FOREVER!
Mom

Nicki said...

We don't all dream in color? You know, that thought has never crossed my mind. Wow.

I took some meds that gave me REALLY vivid dreams, which were like movies in my sleep. AWESOME!! I got kind of depressed when the doc took me off of them - no pun intended (they were anti-depressants).

Jenn from WA said...

OMG FM -n the visual of slicing me open and coffee flying made me laugh. Now THAT's creepy!