Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I try to discover, A little something to make me sweeter

PMDude marvels, yes I said marvels, at my ability to come up with what he calls bad songs and get them stuck in my head. Random songs too that really don't have anything to do with whatever the conversation is, but something that is said reminds me of a song.

Case in point, the title of this blog. I was recounting a story - which I'll recount shortly - to a friend via email, and for some reason this song popped in my head. The video should come with a warning: "Serious 80's Ahead - Proceed with caution."

As if you need yet another example, or look into my mind, yesterday PMDude said I was a dreamer. So what song popped in my head? This one. What? Didn't you think of that? The best part, it got stuck in his head.

Right. The story.

So a couple of weeks ago when BigBro took us on the 9+ mile walk through the streets of Seattle, I craved a Dairy Queen blizzard later that evening. And by "crave" I mean, I could NOT get the thought out of my head. It's nagged at me and nagged at me like a little door knocker being overused in my head.

I did, of course, what any person training for a 60 mile walk would do. I hopped in the car, reset the mile clocker thingy-ma-bob, and hit the road. 1.5 miles later I was at Dairy Queen. Waiting not so patiently in the freakin line for my blizzard. Actually, I should state the line wasn't long, but all the rejects from the DQ world are sent to this particular store to "take their time" making ice cream joy. Anyhow, on the way home I thought, "Wow, just 3 miles to DQ. I could walk there. Get my blizzard. And walk back with little to no guilt."

Speaking of guilt, this song popped in my head. It's a curse. I know.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

oh baby refrain from breakin' my heaaaaarrrrt...

Um, yeah, I LOVE that song. I love Erasure. A lot of their songs make for good walking music.

That Supertramp song though? EVIL. I can handle "Goodbye Stranger" or even "Girlfriend" but "Dreamer"? Ugh!!!!

It's not stuck in my head though. Instead I am totally singing Erasure.

Heather Bee said...

Although I am NOT opposed to songs about sexy cowboys, how the heck did you get that song in your head?

Jenn from WA said...

Patron Saint - Yay Erasure!

HeatherBee - Ask PMDude the suffering he goes through. I can't explain it. My mind is just a juke box.