Friday, March 07, 2008

It's a VERY Good day

Today, my friends, was a good day.

I got to work and was very cranky. I had festered all night over a conversation that took place during my 1:1. Then when I got up this morning I was still mad. I had a conversation out loud with things I wanted to say, but wasn't quick enough to say them. I hate that.

But today, while it started out with me wearing my crankypants, got better. Approximately 2:00PM today, PMDude and I got notified that we were approved to move into an office. YIPEE! We - PMDude more than I - had been asking for some time to allow he and I to co-exist in an office away from "others" in the office. Today, we moved. I will take a snapshot later of the office digs once they get situated. We both pretty much just moved and then went home. Well, that's not completely true. My desk is all put together, but I stayed later to do that.

I got another surprise today. I was "found" in Facebook by a long lost friend from my Tasis days. Little Martini Pearce. Martin, Claudia and I pal'ed around a lot. He was a lot of fun back then, and I'm sure he still is. He lives in LA with his partner and currently raising a their special needs child. I'm so happy for him. And I'm so very glad that he found me. His sister Rachel and I were roommates my senior year. After graduation, Rachel fell off the radar and hasn't wanted to be found. Martin informs me she's good and doing well.

Tomorrow we are all meeting to walk 9-10 miles. I'm hoping to buy some new fancypants shoes. The ones I have now are 10 mile AT THE MOST shoes. My feet started hurting after 9. Not to mention a blister. For myself I bought a gift. This nifty little foot massager. It was delivered on Tuesday and I've not had a chance to pick it up from the office. Hopefully tomorrow I'll 1) be able to pick it up and 2) use it in the afternoon after the walk.

Blueberry is about to turn 40. The Bride of the Newlyweds and I are going to be planning a bday party for her. I haven't had to plan a birthday party this big in a long long time. At least there's no need to determine a color scheme. Black I think should do just fine.

0 comments: