Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to ...

...well not me, but my blog.

Today its been one year since that fateful day I decided to write a blog. And what a year its been. I sat that day and tried to think of anything fun, witty and exciting to write about. Lacking all of those, I just wrote about me. B-O-R-I-N-G! And I questioned what on earthy I would write about on a blog.


Now one year later, I have 229 posts.

I've fully informed you about DMQ, left pictures even. You know about my likes, my dislikes, my family, my crush, my car, my friends, my work, my lack of work, etc. You'd think I'd have nothing more to bore you with. But alas, never fear...I have plenty to bore you with.

So Happy Birthday Blog.

This morning was another historic event. The 'Stang and I almost died. Oh and my passenger, she would have died too had I not had the cuppa joe this morning waiting for my carpool passenger. Caffeine and adrenaline are a powerful combination.

The 'Stang clicked 3000 miles today. THREE THOUSAND MILES...and it hasn't even been two month. AND we almost got in an accident. Carpool Pal and I aren't exactly sure what was happening, so we made up a theory. Two cars are sitting on the side of the road. A small black sedan and a big white pathfinder. They both appear to be either finishing up an accident report or something. I see them sitting there and am changing lanes to get into the right lane to get off the freeway.

I'm going about 65 - really I'm only going 65. Suddenly, out of no where the black sedan bolts out in front of us in our lane, and SLAMS on his breaks. The white pathfinder, meanwhile, is pulling out just as quick. I slam on my breaks, and position the car to be in between these two cars, hoping 1) to avoid hitting either of them and 2) to avoid being hit by this hideously large bus behind us. I stall the car, and some how manage to miss both the black sedan and the white pathfinder. Wedged between both of them, I start the car and pull away. Carpool Pal meanwhile is white as a ghost. My hands were shaking and she and I just looked at each other like, "WTF?"

She proceeds to tell me that it might have been road rage, because the guy in the black sedan was shouting and gesturing to the guy in the white pathfinder (she at least saw they were guys, I was focusing on their license plates). The rest of the way to work we laughed nervously about how close that was, and how funny it was that I was between both cars, and THANK GOD they didn't pull out a gun or something.

Cars fine.

I'm fine.

Carpool Pal is fine.

All of us are shaking like a leaf still. I can't believe I stalled the car. I completely forgot I had a standard while slamming on my breaks. F!#$%^ drivers!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy 1st Birthday Blog. Were we supposed to brings gifts?

Tomorrow you'll be feeling all the muscles it took to put up that force field around your car. Glad your 'stangs ok. oh, yeah and you. :)

Al & Jo said...

AARRGGG! Remember Mom reads this blog...now I am shaking! BE CAREFUL!

Ken La Salle said...

Could have been an accident (insurance) scam, too. Never know - call me paranoid.

Nicki said...

Happy Blog Birthday! And I'm with Ken - my immediate reaction was whatever witty thing they call that type of insurance fraud.