Friday, October 27, 2006

Like Sands in the Hour Glass...

I know. Two posts in one day. I'm all that and a bag of chips.

It's a funny little tidbit of knowledge about me. And it wasn't included in the long survey I posted earlier this week. Recently, as you know, I put the crush to bed. Not literally, I wish. Instead I decided to be "uncrushed". It seems, at this time, the most logical way to manage this unmanageable person. (Though I may regret doing so). Too many things have popped up, of which I won't go into, that has me thinking that perhaps he was merely a person to like. And as this "like" turned into a "crush", I got a chance to witness and experience a small piece of getting to know him.

Now admittedly, I don't know him that well. Never had the chance too. His life and mine are destined to never be on the same path. So instead of forcing a round peg into a square hole it was easier for me to just dust off the remaining pieces of my heart and put them back on the shelf to wait for the next "crush" to come along.

How do I know I'm done? With all my past "crushes" I knew I was over them when I deleted their emails. Today, I did just that. Sad as it seems, but I saved all my emails between myself and the crush - because you never know when you'll need to reference them.

Side bar: previous massive crush with Mike Pomerleau was in the days when pen to paper was the form of email. In a moment of despair and sadness I tore up all the letters, save one. The first. And there are times in which I wish I had not done that, but what's a girl to do?

It's very cleansing, this tossing of emails. Not only do I have more memory on my free yahoo account, but I feel release is near. Where attitude is everything, I can say that I feel much better about tossing then I have in the past.

And so I enter the weekend a woman who's glad to have done some spring cleaning of her soul. But still sad at the loss of hope.

6 comments:

Nicki said...

YOU might be over the crush, but I'M not over you and the crush.

You must give it another shot.

So sayeth the almighty Freak.

Vicky said...

That's good. I did the same thing with emails from guys. Ken on the other hand saves all his emails...note to self, need to get on his computer and start reading them...

Ken La Salle said...

Don't despair, Jenn. Some new guy to obsess about is just around the corner. ;)

Of course, this does make me wonder as to why Vicky deletes MY emails...

Jenn from WA said...

FM - You can start writing about your "crushes" from your online dating experience. Then I can live vicariously through you. If it helps I will be seeing my TRUE LOVE tonight - DMQ.

Ken&Vicky - Whodathunk that such a post could start something. Besides you two don't need to save each other's emails...you HAVE each other...

Laura said...

Ahhh, love notes by pen on paper...
good times.

I've been in a decluttering mode the last few days. Still, if I had to face throwing away a note from Mike Pomerleau....

jk It was very hard to throw actual love notes away. For me it's much easier to delete an email and send it out into the void.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've still got all of our notes and every postcard you ever sent. I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of all my years of clutter, but the Archive of Jenn is sacrosanct.

XOXO

Mike.