Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Boys did not disappoint

Yes, that's correct, the boys out did themselves last night. Though I think I might say that after every show. Regardless, the show was fun and entertaining and oh so yummy-lish-ish of my boy Paul. This year, Mark and Vanessa and their friend Margo joined me. As well as GalPal Erin and her friend Bree, Mike, Nancy, Neil and his wife's friend Salle were all in attendance to enjoy the show.

This years "guest" band was Prince and the Revolution. They performed a few of their hits from the 80's which included: Let's Go Crazy, Little Red Corvette, Raspberry Beret, U Got the Look, and finishing up with 1999 and Purple Rain (for the record, Purple Rain can be the longest song in all of history when dancing with someone you don't want to be dancing with. See past blog on Prince.) Interesingly enough they didn't do When Dove's Cry, but who cares. They did "enough" Prince for one night.

Then the top 10 Worse. And man let me tell you, they were bad this year. In fact, the boys of the band commented on how with each song they flip their music to the next song and exclaim, "OY Vey!"

So on with the show. Oh and it should be mentioned that The Biggest Dudley Fan Ever (namely me) is VERY disappointed that not a single song I voted for made it to the top 10. Hmph!

10. Pour Some Sugar on Me -Def Leppard
9. Africa - Toto
8. Blame it on the Rain - Millie Vanilla (the boys joked that they had toyed with lip syncing this song...)
7. Material Girl - Madonna
6. Time of the Season - Zombies
5. My Sharona - The Knack
4. Ghost Busters -Ray Parker Jr
3. Conga - Gloria Estevan
2. I want Your Sex - George Michael
And the Number One Worst song for 2006....

1. Kokomo - The Beach Boys

The only other point of interest of the night was yours truly doing her most graceful act of the night and bite-ing it on the streets of Seattle. It wasn't my fault. I'm blaming it on the City of Seattle and they street drain that was covered with leaves. I was wearing high heals (what? they're cute and very fashionable) and I stepped akwardly on the street drain and down I went. Twisting my ankle and feeling like a total dork. But God Bless Mark, Vanessa and their friend Margo who didn't laugh at me.

5 comments:

Laura said...

At least they didn't laugh on the outside....

Aren't you glad I wasn't there. :)

Nicki said...

Laughing is half the fun of falling!

And I envy you, having a local fave to see all the time. Our local fave called it quits. Depressing.

Jenn from WA said...

Freak Magnet - You're welcome to come to seattle and go with me to see them. I'm sure you'd love them as much as I would.

Laura- I have two words for you, "Boob Check."

Laura said...

Well at least everyone got a show at my best, young, thin, and perky!

Al & Jo said...

Kokomo? As the worst song? ARRGG -- I LOVE THAT SONG -- HOW DARE THEY?
As for your gracefulness....hmmm...high heels huh?