Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tid Bits you Can't live without

You know I can’t resist these. Why? Because I’m “sure” you all have the unique and sometimes annoying urge to know ALL you can about me. And why wouldn’t you want to know all you can about me…I am, after all, great!

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

One closed and one half open. The cat box is in the half open closet so should he feel the urge at night, he needs to have it open.

2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
As if I’m in a hotel ever. Though I used to because this mega software company in Redmond Wa used to collect them and send them to the homeless shelters here in Seattle. So that was a good deed or two to chalk up to my karma counter.

3. Have you ever 'done it' in a hotel room?
I refuse to answer this on the ground that my mother reads this blog.

4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Why would anyone steal a street sign? Though admittedly I’ve taken my fair share of photos of street signs around the world.

5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
If I could find them, I’d use them.

6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
Argh. I hate coupons.

7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Um, has anyone been paying attention. I HATE BEES. I’d take my chance with the bear.

9. Do you always smile for pictures?
f I’m actually in the picture. I’m generally behind the camera saying stupid things like, “Say Cheese!”

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Just one? Rude, inconsiderate people would rank on the high today.

11. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
They’re tucked in at the bottom of the bed…does that count?

12. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Hee hee…sometimes…but generally a piece of gum on the ground distracts me and I have to start counting all over again.

13. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Thank god that question wasn’t, “Have you ever pee’d on your shoes in the woods?” I’d have to say yes to both. Though I try to avoid whenever possible.

14. Do you ever jump up and down to make your privates bounce?
WTF? Who makes these things up? I’d have to say no.

15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?

Nope. Disgusting habit.

16. How many people have you slept with this week?
If I count all the personalities in my head, about 21 (and that would be that I have 21 different personalities...not that I've slept with 20 people plus my one personality...a girl should be so lucky.) Oh and pookie isn’t far when I’m sleeping. And yes, he’s a people. Just ask him.

17. Do you like popcorn from those big tins?
The caramel type, maybe. The others remind me of cardboard.

18. What is your "Song of the week"?
Please don’t make me say this out loud! Okay, Mustang Sally.

19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
Have you been to Capital Hill lately (for those non Seattle folk reading, heavy gay community)? Pink is the new orange which is the new black and is therefore okay for men/boys to wear.

20. Do you still watch cartoons?
Rarely. Unless it’s a cooking channel cartoon or a Disney movie.

21. Whats your favorite scary movie?
Yentle.

22. Where would you bury treasure if you had some?
Right next to the body.

23. What do you drink with dinner?
Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke. Or Diet coke of any sort.

26. What color is your cell phone?
Pink Pink Pink…

28. Were you a boy/girl scout?
I was a girl scout, but hated it.

29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Better asked would be, would a magazine ever ask you to pose nude for them. I think with 100% accuracy, the answer would be no.

30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Two days ago. Wrote a letter to friend in Holland.

31. Can you change the oil on a car?
I’m a girl. Why, when you can pay someone to do it would you ever change the oil in you car. I do, however, know where the dipstick is…its generally located in the driver’s seat…bahahahhaha

32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Um…one word…Mustang. Ironically though my past speeding tickets (two) were in a car that could barely go 60 with the wind and downhill.

33. Ran out of gas?
Yes, because I’m a dork and didn’t realize not ALL cars have a “you’re almost out of gas stupid” light.

34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
BLT. Though right now its bologna, American cheese and iceberg lettuce. It’s a weird thing I go through every now and then.

35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Maple and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal

36. What is your usual bedtime?
Some time between 10pm and 11pm.

37. Are you lazy?
There are a few things I’m lazy about, but on a whole, I don’t think so.

38. When you were a kid what did you dress up as for Halloween?
All the time. Love Halloween. My favorite costume was Raggedy Ann on Rollerskates.

39. Do you read the newspaper?
Every day

40. How many languages can you speak?
Three. English, Spanish, and Jenn-ese

41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
A few cooking magazine subscriptions, Real Simple (love that mag), PM Networks and Fortune.

42. Which are better Legos or Lincoln Logs?
No contest! LEGOS!!!

43. Are you stubborn?
No. Mom, stop laughing. I am not.

44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
Letterman

45. Watch an opera live?
Yup the Barber of Seville. You know the opera "Figaro! Figaro! Figaro!"

46. Afraid of heights?
Not really. Though sometimes if I look straight now I get all wiggley in my tummy.

48. Dance in the shower?
Ah, no….

49. Dance in the car?
Absolutely. I bust a move in the car all the time. And I sing in the car.

50. Ever used a gun?
When I was a kid, my dad taught me about guns and gun safety.

51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
My friend Curt took photos at the 25th Wedding Anniversary party and he’s a photographer, does that count?

52. Are musicals cheesy?
Depends on the musical. Evita = No. Grease 2 = Yes

53. Is Christmas stressful?
Not really

54. Ever eat a pierogi?
A who, da what? After “googling” it, I would say no. Though funny enough I thought it was a fish.

55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Chocolate. Oh way, that’s not a fruit…then um, Apple.

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Writer. In 8th grade we did this presentation of what we wanted to be when we grew up. We had to read a paragraph in front of our parents and the school. Mine was to be a writer. My friend Tammy’s I can still, to this day, remember her title “Blood and vital organs”. And she plays with blood and vital organs now as adults.

57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Boo…yes I do.

59. Take a vitamin daily?
If I remember

60. Wear slippers?
Only in the winter. And only after I check for spiders. But generally I’m bare footin’ it at home.

61. Wear a bath robe?
Only when there’s company

62. What do you wear to bed?
Night shirt or shorts and T

63. First concert?
Duran Duran

64. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
Target…its closer and I hate fighting the crowds at Walfarts.

65. Nike or Adidas?
Nike…

66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
Oh…man…that’s a hard on. I’d go with Cheetos first.

67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Sunflower seeds, preferably ones that are already shelled.

68. Ever hear of, "gorp"?
Wasn’t that a movie?

69. Ever take dance lessons?
Who needs a lesson when you can grove as good as I can? Okay, perhaps I should have taken a few….oh wait, I did learn the Achy Breaky Way-Back-When.

70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Pool boy. Or Professional Chef and/or housekeeper

71. Can you curl your tongue?

Yup. Maybe I should put that in my personal ad...if I had a personal ad.

73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Stop. You’re making me cry.

74. Own any record albums?
See now this question is dating me. To even admit I know what an album is means I was born in the 60's or 70's. But yes, I have a few 45s left, but no way to play them.

75. Own a record player? See #74

76. Regularly brush your teeth?
Of course.

77. Ever been in love?
Yes. See all my blogs about DMQ's lead singer

79. What was your last concert you saw?
Dudley Manlove…. Der… But if we’re talking “real” concert….um…Alabama’s Last Horrah.

80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Ice Cold and sweetened tea

81. Tea or coffee?
You really should read my blog more. If you did, you’d know that I’m a coffee girl through and through. Caffeine runs through these veins.

82. Favorite kind of cookie?
"O, O, an ice cold milk and an Oreo cookie...."

83. Can you swim well?
I can swim in a well. And I float well too...

84. Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
I’m doing it right now.

85. Are you patient?
See blog

86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
DMQ would be the preferred wedding band.

87. Ever won a contest?
I don’t think I have. I got the Coaches award in volleyball if that counts.

88. Ever have plastic surgery?
Oh hells no! And I never would. I am beautiful, no matter what they say.

89. Which are better black or green olives?
All of the above. Any creature in the olive family gets my vote.

90. Can you knit or crochet?
No. I'It bores me. (Sorry Lesley – I’ll let you knit for the world)

91. Best room for a fireplace?
Living room

92. Do you want to get married?
Shouldn’t it be, would someone want to marry you? Because I’m sure I can pay someone off to spend the rest of their lives with me.

Feel free to respond to feel tagged to do this if you want.

6 comments:

Lesley said...

OMG, the Yentl reference! I almost had seltzer coming out of my nose!

But you're right -- that was one scary movie!!!!

Ken La Salle said...

66. Cheetos Or Fritos?
Oh…man…that’s a hard on.


... is that even possible???

Jenn from WA said...

Lesley - I still have nightmares about that movie.

Ken - I know. Its a tough one. For me it almost depends on what type of sammie I'm having.

Unknown said...

I think he was pointing out that instead of one it said on. So that is a hard on. I am just glad that I am not the first perv to come by and point that out.

The real reason I am commenting though is that I LOVE diet black cherry vanilla coke. I don't get much because I am being all frugal (translate as poor college student) and DBCVC does not come in six packs. It comes in cans, but I don't do cans because you can't close them and carry them in your book bag. So instead I am usually hitting up my number 2 favorite addiction - Diet Dr. Pepper.
The other day though I had a little cash so I picked up a 20 of DBCVC and I was like a junky or something. If somebody saw me drinking it they would have probably thought that I was ummm, having a really good time.

Jenn from WA said...

Real - I feel so special that you've stopped by to comment. I visit your blog on occasion and marvel at the photographs, then I get depressed because I'm not that good of a photographer.

DBCVC is da bomb. Diet Dr. Pepper is a close second. Not to be confused with Diet Black Cherry Dr. Pepper...ewww...

Anonymous said...

Did you really think there are things that we didn't know by now?
:)