Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Signma Pi Alpha Moo (SPAM)

You know how people say you can tell a lot about a person by the types of books on their books shelf. Do you think the same is true for the type of SPAM they get? I thought we’d take a walk through Jenn’s SPAM folder. First, thank GOD that Yahoo has a good SPAM sorter.

From: Acclaim Visa’s Approval Department
Subject: You’re Approved, now activated

From: Approval Notice
Subject: Your $7500 card, ready to spend when you are

From: Approval Notice
Subject: Jennifer, a reminder to accept your $7500 card

(Incidentally those two messages came within a minute of each other. Didn’t give me too much time to reply to the first one. How rude!)

From: BlackSingles
Subject: Meet Black singles in your area

From: Capital Service
Subject: Borrowing never got easier

From: Christian Advisor
Subject: Christian Home Owners, rates are rising

From: Clear your debt
Subject: Restart your life Debt free

From: Dating
Subject: Single Christians in your area looking for you

From: Debt Erasers
Subject: Legally cancel your credit card debt

From: Get Paid Today
Subject: Your opinion is worth money

From: Instant Funds
Subject: Need a raise.

From: Online Dating
Subject: Get introduced to someone in 24 hours

So two things occurred to me.

1) Apparently I’m in need to be debt free, and EVERYONE has $$ to give me. I added up how much I was being offered in “free” credit cards, over $28K. Um, yah no thanks. Credit cards and me are not a good combo.

2) Apparently there a bunch of single Christians waiting around to hear from me. Except that I’m not the religions type. Spiritual? Yes. Religious? No.

I have to admit I’m disappointed that no one offered me to enlarge my penis, or send me prescription drugs, or enhance my bust line. Those were at least entertaining.


PS - Did you know SPAM is one of the main foods Hawaiian's eat? It comes in a bunch of different flavors. Whodathunk?

4 comments:

Al & Jo said...

You need a life!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a Hawaiian friend who really likes the HOT and SPICY spam. eeeuuuuuwwwww.

Ken La Salle said...

Vicky won't eat SPAM. In fact, she's scared to hell of it.

(Yet another Vicky fun fact brought to you by HWTTM, Hubbies Who Talk Too Much.)

Jenn from WA said...

Ken - you give me such an opportunity to plot an evil, twisted joke on your bride. When y'all coming up?