Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm a Barbie Girl...

At least that's how I feel with a UBER Pink blog. I clicked on my link and reclicked it because I thought I was on someone else's blog. But that was before cuppa Joe.

So I haven't heard on Awesome Job #1 yet. The interviewer said she'd get back to me later this week. Well, today is later, isn't it? Oh the dread. The pain of unknowing. I hate this. I hate being patient. I'm no good at it. I'm a sensor after all. (Reference: I Speak Your Language personality test: Sensors: Works on wide variety of tasks at once, demonstrates incredible attention to detail, high value placed on action, thrives on getting things done, direct & Down to earth, and energetic).

I've now officially applied to 75 jobs. This really is a numbers game isn't it. The more you apply the more likely you are to be called. I find myself now applying for jobs I'm not quite qualified for and/or am not all that interested in doing. But I'm getting stressed with another week under my belt and soon to be out of a job.

Though anytime now I'm sure the phone will be ringing off the hook. I always think of this process as a funnel. You throw out a big net, then you hear nothing...then slowly, they start funneling in, they start working through their processes and finally get around to calling. So call already! Operators are standing by!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

75 applications?!?! Holy shit!!

I'm sure you'll get beaucoup offers - you seem really smart and easy to get along with. *thinks, hand on chin* Fun, yet detail-oriented at the same time.

Ken La Salle said...

... I've lost track. I must have applied for more than 100 by now. I have five that are presently "in play" - you know, they're thinking about it - but I am swiftly loosing my ever-luvin mind!

... which is my way of saying, um, best of luck... I think...