Thursday, December 14, 2006

Batton down the hatches, Mary

Oh boy...Mother Nature is throwing us another one...two.

Right now we are experiencing sustained winds of 54 mph and gusts are hitting 70mph. The Straight of Juan de Fuca is supposed to get gusts up to 90 MPH tonight.

We've got thunder and lightening going on outside too. Our main highway, the 520 floating bridge closed for the night and is closing through tomorrow due to the wind gusts. In 1990, the I90 bridge sank during a wind storm. Since then they close our bridges when wind gusts reach a certain speed for 15 minutes or more. They were showing the bridge tongiht on the news, the waves are crashing onto the bridge deck. Scary I tell yah. Tomorrow's commute is going to S.U.C.K.

Between 4 and 5pm tonight we had over an inch of rain in an hour. Can I tell you? The Mustang doesn't have TURBO wipers. And the Mustang no likey standing water that's a foot or more deep. I swear I should have outfitted this car with water skis.

The company party was tonight. A success, of course. Nothing but kudos to me for finding the little gem of Cafe Pirouette. I just love this little cafe. Our white elephant exchange was also a success. I came home with one of my gifts. Yes, one of them. See, being a Project Manager, AND having done these type of parties before, someone always forgets. And in fact, due to the weather, one of our team members couldn't get home to get his gift. So I had an extra. And I ended up with it. Anyone want a tropical fish water bottle?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the slugs are frolicking happily...

Anonymous said...

Jenn...

I just sent an email to your yahoo: I'm an address behind! Just think, I'm 1 address away from getting my Christmas cards out before New Year's!!!

XOXO

Mike Greene

Nicki said...

I got liquor at my office party. I always go for the liquor. Liquor is quicker.