Monday, December 25, 2006

My future's so bright...I gotta wear shades.

Come with me, on a mystical journey through my mind. Don't be afraid. I promise nothing smutty....this time.

This morning I woke to a brightly lit something in the sky. I wasn't 100 percent sure what it was. I had heard stories told by the elders about a bright, warm sphere that apparently comes out once in a while. This morning, my Christmas gift was sunshine. And oh boy am I getting it.

I came in to write this blog, to "cool" off. Despite my complaints earlier of the frigid weather Arizona was having, finally, the sun is shining ... and it's hot.

Santa was good to me this year. Getting cookbooks, a fancy funky flamingo, flannel pjs, some gift cards, and oh yes... a FOOD PROCESSOR from dad.

Every year, Dad and I go out on Christmas eve to do shopping for mom. We generally have lunch, then shop. He buys me a gift too, that's just from him. No mom help in buying. This year I told him I wanted/needed a food processor. So off to Macy's we go. Though, being the smart parent that he is, he bought me a gift card to lug back to Washington instead of the actually processor. So on my way from the airport tomorrow I'll swing by Macy's and buy myself a food processor. I'm so excited.

Unfortunately Dad is a bit in the dog house today. Seeing that we/he waited until Christmas eve to shop, the store in which he was going to buy mom's gift was closed. DOH! So he feels guilty and mom says she doesn't mind, but I know she does. Dad will have to make up for it. I suggested diamond earrings, but he just grumbled at that.

Merry Christmas everyone.

0 comments: