Tuesday, December 12, 2006

DANGER! Pitty Party Ahead! Turn back now!

It's really unlike me, but dammit I'm mad. I'm hurt. And I'm single. Normally, being single really doesn't bother me, not even at VD day. (Mostly because I host an Anti-Valentine's Day brunch usually). But this year, for some reason being single during the holidays is tough. Maybe its because I ran into an X? Maybe its because my "go to" date guy is dating someone? Maybe its because EVERYONE is dating someone? Maybe its because I've started talking to myself at home, and answering myself?

Whatever it is, it's hitting me hard. I'm planning our holiday party for the new company I'll be working for. We're a small group, and all of them will be bring a significant other...except me. WAHHHH!

This morning I heard what is now officially my theme song, for the next week or so. (Note: its not PMS either, so don't go there.)

I have climbed the highest mountain
I have sailed across the sea
I have wrestled with my demons
And woke up with only me
I have been around the block
Three times maybe four
And I think I deserve just a little more

In front of total strangers won't you kiss me
Flowers for no reason but you miss me
Oh I want to be in love
You're standing on the doorstep in the rain
Cause you couldn't wait to see me once again
Oh I want to be in love

I have made some big mistakes
And I've paid a heavy price
I found a little peace between will and sacrifice
I have watched as all my dreams
Went walking out the door
And I think I deserve just a little more

I'm looking for a heart of gold
I'm looking for a hand to hold
A happy end
Strong and kind
Somewhere to rest my troubled mind

*****************************************
By the way, this will pass. No need to call in reinforcements. Drug companies need not apply. This is only a temporary emotional detour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go to the party with you, we'll pretend you're gay. No wait - not good for any future prospects. Maybe "BI-" that'll get them interested.

Jenn from WA said...

Jackie - Considering how small this company is, I doubt they'll notice anything. Besides, I've decided to DAZZLE them with my award winning party planning. (I made fancy nametags last night for everyone)