Saturday, December 30, 2006

What's Pink and Grey and Purple all over?

Why, me and my birthday celebration. The girls met me at The Purple Cafe last night. And oh boy was it yummy. I swore last night that I'd never eat again, but don't you know I'm already having a bagel, cream cheese mixed with green olives for breakfast (cream cheese and green olives is a Grandma Spaid passed down to mom thing that I adopted).

A few girlfriends weren't able to make it last night, but we had fun with the girls that were there. I had THE BEST Chicken Marsala and mashed potatoes last night. There was a "secret" ingredient in the mashed potatoes that Jamie and I swore was either molasses or brown sugar.

I had harry arm pits last night too. They were tasty. Okay, they were haricot verts - any idea what those are? Yah, me neither. But it was translated to me in french appropriately and I changed it to harry armpits. They were green beans and they were sooooooo good.

Dessert found the Purple Cafe delivering a creme brule to me, which isn't my fave, so I shared it with everyone else. THEN we ordered other desserts. Sherrie and I split this sinful Peanut Butter thingy that was, well, yummy.

Finally,the wine. I had a "flight" of wine, which is 4 two ounce glasses of different wines. Most of them were good. The last one smelled and tasted like ass. We didn't finish that one.

Tonight it is round two of the parties.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!


Ya old fart. :-p