Saturday, December 23, 2006

BRRRR it's cold out there campers...

Yes, you'd think it would be warm. Yet here I sit in Tucson Arizona freezing my little butt off. Yesterday it rained. Today it, I don't think, got above 50 degrees. I came south for sun and warmth and am getting neither. Oh wait, that's not true, the sun did come out tonight, just in time to set. Grrr.

Tucson, as always is a blast. We eat. Shop. Eat. Shop. And eat some more. Yesterday mom and I went out shopping. I decided I needed some new clothes. We ate lunch at this little Italian cafe called Gavi's. Oh. My. God. I had the best Bolognese I've ever, and I mean EVER had. I, admittedly, am a bolognese snob, and wow...this stuff was out of this world. After I rolled myself out of the cafe, we shopped some more. We've been on search for a University of Arizona sweatshirt and have yet to find one. Mom looked everywhere before I got down here, and every where we've looked since I've been down here hasn't had them.

Today, Mom, Lano (old family friend from WAY back when) and I head to Mesa for a swapmeet. We froze our little tuccasses off. It was so cold I could see my breath. And yes, I brushed my teeth so it wasn't that kind of "see". We walked up and down just two rows before we had had enough. Too cold. We did, of course, do some damage financially in the two rows. I bought myself, or er ah rather, mom bought me some Russian Diamond earrings. These Russian diamonds are supposedly stronger and more sparkly (yes that's a word) than real diamonds...and much less expensive.

After shopping, mom "twisted" our arms to go to In N Out burgers. We don't have In N Out in Washington. And they are MOM's favorite. I remember my Uncle Johnny (Hi Uncle Johnny) bringing In N Out burgers home from work late at night to "share" with my sister and I and watch the three stooges. They were tasty.

Tonight was Rib night. Anyone who knows me and knows my dad, knows that he's the King of Ribs. We joke that its my dowry. Again...eating eating eating. I already weigh a ton and this isn't helping.

Tomorrow is Dad and my's "shopping" day. Its tradition. Every year we go shopping on Christmas eve for mom's gifts. He and I spend some much needed quality time together. We have lunch and shop. Usually he buys me a gift too that we pick out together. In year's past I've tried to make the gift something dad would find interesting and could get into. This year, I have no idea.

Tomorrow night is Frito Lollies. Another tradition. Its basically chili over fritos, and you stack it with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, onions etc. Ends up kinda like a taco salad. Can't wait.

So you see, all I've done since I've been here is shop and eat. Oh...I hear the dessert bell ringing...must go see. Night Night.

0 comments: