Wednesday, December 13, 2006

This too shall pass...

And thankfully it did. Only one day of visiting PittyPartyVille. Whew.

On to bigger and better adventures. Some of you may know, and if you don't you're about to, but I'm planning the Christmas - scratch that - Holiday party - oh F*** it - Christmas party for the new company this year. My new boss, who's code name has yet to be determined, was just getting around to planning it last Thursday. I coyly mentioned that I could do it since I have some time on my hands, and happen to be an expert at it. He took me up on it. He actually took me up on it. Its pure pro-bono work too, which is fine. I figured I'll start building the good karma with the new boss now and roll it over to next year.

His ideas for this party would be nothing short of a miracle if I was able to pull any of it off. See the party is the 14th. Yep, that's right, this Thursday. And he got me on board to help last Friday. He wanted it to have entertainment, other than a stripper he said. Whatever. He wanted to have a nice sit down dinner. And he wanted it to be on the east side. (For those not from this area, this means he doesn't want to drive into Seattle crossing a busy busy floating bridge).

Well. This would be challenging then. Because Seattle has all the fun spots.

Saturday I called several options. We have a cruise that goes around the lake checking out all the holiday decorations. That would work. They have a room available, but the dinner option was boxed lunches. Hmmmm...not exactly a holiday dinner.

Then I called the dinner train. The train has a mystery dinner train that happened to be on the night of our party. When I called to inquire about reservations, the receptionist, I swear, laughed at me. Great, now what.

Think.

Think.

AHHA....last April for Sherrie and Mike's birthday we all went to this little cafe called Cafe Pirouette. Its a small house in downtown Bellevue (on the east side). They had fantastic food,the best Chicken Saltimbocca ever, and specialized in crepes. Excellent. Ring. Ring. Oh wait, check their website. Dammit, they aren't open on Thursdays for dinner. Maybe they'll open for us. So I called them. The chef, who I immediately adore because she agrees to open for our small party and ONLY our party. Yeah. I get is all arranged.

I met with her on Monday to set the menu and the arrangements for the night. I just love how friendly and eager they are to hold our party. I'm sure she figures she's got nothing to lose and $$ to gain. I didn't tell her our budget, but knew we'd be able to tip her well.

Now, that's done. What else? Oh yes, entertainment. I threw out the idea of a White Elephant party. For some reason, everyone thought this was a great idea. Now, keep in mind, this "idea" came out yesterday. The party is Thursday. That means, rushing around to find a $5 gift. But I helped focus them by having the new boss come up with a theme. This year's white elephant theme: (drum roll please) "Summer's Almost Here." Huh? Summer stuff. What the.... How am I supposed to find anything summery? And for $5. So I'm heading off to the thrift store tonight. Maybe I'll find an Itsy Bitsy, Teeny, Weeny, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini. Eww.. I think I just grossed myself out.

The other "requirement" was Tim wanted name tags. Now, keep in mind there are 6 of us. SIX. How hard is it? But then you throw in any dates and you have 12, well 11 because I'm dateless as usual. So, being the creative type that I am, I made name tags last night. And I might say, they are kickin. I'll post copies once I get them scanned. But I really thought they turned out good.

AND....wait, there's much MUCH more...

I'm doing a trivia contest for door prizes. The prizes are TBD, but I thought a huge bottle of Aloe Vera, maybe a Beach Ball, and maybe a bottle of Two Buck Chuck wine.

The trivia Questions:
Name the reindeer's who's name's start with D.
On the 10th day of Christmas, what did my true love bring to me?

And this one's for you Bev

What street did a miracle take place on?

If you have any other GOOD trivia questions let me have 'em. These aren't written in stone yet, and depending on the amount of alcohol consumed, I might have to make them easier.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Name the reindeer whose names start with D.
Dasher
Dancer
Donner

On the 10th day of Christmas, what did my true love bring to me?
10 Lords-a-leaping
9 ladies dancing
8 maids-a-milking
7 swans a-swimming
6 geese a-laying
5! golden! rings!
4 calling birds
3 french hens
2 turtle doves
and a partridge in a pair tree!

;)

Lesley said...

Damn. I forgot to answer the other one.

34th Street!

See, now isn't it just like I'm at your party?!?!?!?!! HAVE FUN!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun time!

Thanks Lesley for answering the questions! Now I won't have to wonder if I got the right answers or not. LOL ;)