Monday, November 20, 2006

And now, more on that subject

Okay, so I need to catch some of you up on the whole "I got the job" post. First off, thank you everyone for your excitement. I could feel the worldly sigh of relief. I bet you think it'll stop me writing about the weather, don't you? Hah. Shows how much you know.

Now, what about this job?

Its the job I wanted. The company is called Content Master and they are based out of the UK. There are many reasons I'm excited about this job. The first being that I can utilize my project management skills now in an environment that needs structure. I'm all about the structure and all about "streamlining" things. So that makes me happy.

Then there's the fact that its a small office. Here in the US, there are only 4 other guys and me. Oh goody. And all of them are of the smart ass persuasion, so that'll be good. And, more importantly, they are all smart. I suspect I'll be learning a lot from this crowd. So very exciting.

The company is just down the road from where I work now, so commuting will be the same. I'm hoping I can still manage to commute with my carpool partner, we'll see how that goes.

In other news, this weekend was the BIG GAME. The Apple Cup. I will refrain from commenting on this debacle called a football game. As typical, the Cougs - my team - came out strong, and well, both teams (UW Huskies vs WSU Cougs) practiced their punting a lot during the first half. Then in typical Cougar fashion, they forgot there was a second half. Either way, though we had good food and good friends over watching.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

So, how many times have you done the happy dance about the new job? More than there are numbers for? YES!! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!

Jenn from WA said...

Fm - In fact, I'm doing it now.

Anonymous said...

Atta girl!
Congrats.