Monday, November 13, 2006

It's no lie...really...

Just so you all don't think I'm a complete lunatic (no comments Beverly), here are some photos my mom sent me showing the flood around here. It's been a crazy, crazy week. We're forcasted to get rain now for 10 days straight. Oh joy. So glad I live here.

Puget Sound Flooding

Now, granted non of this is near me really. Me and my castle are up on the hill, and about oh...several miles from any river or lake. So I think I'm safe. But just in case, I'm going to get a quote to fix a snorkel on the Mustang. But the flooding is real for many folks, and after seeing these photos (by the way you need to keep going on them, they get serious) I feel bad for the souls who do have to deal with this. What a mess.

In other and more exciting news, the Boeing job is out. WAY over qualified for that job and I'd be bored to tears. Strange, very strange interview process.

Interviewed for a major wireless carrier on Friday. LOVED THE JOB. I'd have to say, right now they are ahead of Content Master in every way. Not only do they pay better, but it would be in the group of emerging products. All the new, geeky, techy stuff for cell phones. I'd so dig that.

The cynic in my says to not get my hopes up for either job, but the optimistic Jenn is fighting hard to keep Cynic Jenn at bay. Who will win I wonder? Stay tuned!

Quote for the Day:
"Too many people are ready to assert their rights, but not to assume their responsibilities."

2 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

As you know, Jenn, Vicky and I will be up there next week for my brother's wedding (and, of course, to visit you). Looks like we'll both have PLENTY to blog about!!!

(PS. But, no kidding, you can stop the flooding now...)

Nicki said...

I was going to make some snarky comment about it being just a couple sprinkles, and then you talked about people, and now I feel bad for even thinking that.

*sobs* THANKS A LOT, JENN! *sobs*

Oh, and good luck on the jobs!