Thursday, November 16, 2006

Walking on Sunshine....

Okay, maybe not walking, but I saw the sun today. No shit. I left my apartment and glanced sky-ward like I always do...and was blinded by this bright big thing in the southern sky. I blinked...and it was gone.


This is a picture of one of our floating bridges yesterday getting hammered by waves. We had a small wind storm/rain storm last night. Gusts were measured up to 90 MPH. In the hood, where I live, we had gusts up to 75mph...I thought I was in Kansas and the tornado was coming to take me to Oz.


Because I think its amusing to talk about the weather, we have hit a milestone here. In what is normally our wettest month, we have broken a record of wetness. This month's total rainfall hit 11.63 inches last night. The record was 11.62 from November 1998. Phew...just made it. And the month isn't even close to being over yet. Oy vei.

And these crazy meteorologists are excited that we might beat more records:
"We could sink the official wettest-month-of-the-year record of 12.92 inches, set in January 1953 at Sea-Tac. And there's the December 1933 Seattle record of 15.33 inches accumulated at the federal building."

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Luvin it! Luvin it! Can't wait!

... okay, so I can. I really can wait.