Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm a Booker...

A scrapbooker that is. Yes, another well known fact of St. Jenn of the Blessed Sarcasm. What? Didn't you read my comments? My pal (I say that sarcastically) Mike - also know as Jesus Christ - JC for short - said I should be named St. Jenn of the Blessed Sarcasm. So shall it will be? Lesley - do I need your permission? Being that you're already a Patron Saint. Can you grant me this privilege?

Now back to scrapbooking. Many hours and many thousands of dollars (Yes you read correctly - THOUSANDS of dollars) worth of scrapbooking and scrapbooking supplies. My friends joke that I could open my own store. They might not be wrong there. I do know for certain that I could have easily paid for a house by now. But all that aside, today I did what no normal scrapbooker has ever done. I'm sure of it. I looked it up on the interWEB and it never lies. Okay. So I didn't look it up, but I'm sure. Trust me. Would a Patron Saint lie?

I got in and out of a scrapbook convention in 30 minutes. No shit. Thirty minutes. Some women pack lunches and hope they get done in 8 hours. I knew exactly what I wanted. I parked (didn't pay like I was supposed to so that karma will come back and get me I'm sure), walked into the place, bought my ticket, plunked down the allotted amount of $$ available from Bank of Jenn for ONE small item at the show, and walked out. Thirty minutes people. That is truly an all time record.

Oh and PS - for those of you who do religiously read my blog, thank you. And to those people who didn't at all call to check on me after I said I might die from glue poisoning...um, yah. Thanks!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I have a lot of scrapbooking stuff.

Now, if I would only USE it. :(

I's a bad, bad scrapbooker.

So, what'd ya get?

Jenn from WA said...

What did I get? Oh. My. Gosh. So last year they had this multi tabled area that had basket upon basket of brads and grommets. Normally they are like $4 for like 20 or so in the stores. This shop gave you a plastic up...like twice the size of a normal dixie cup, and for $22 you could fill it with as many brads and grommets as you can...to level top. So this year, I got TWO of those cups. I got brads that are beer mugs, martini cups, flip flops, flamingos, bats, snowmen, and just regular ones. Then for the grommets I got all multi colored ones, silver, gold, all different sizes...I estimate I got about 500 total. for $40. Not too bad.

I also picked up some NY paper to do my NY scrapbook, whenever I get around to it.