Monday, November 20, 2006

A little serving of Jenn

Lesley tagged the world, so I figured I would follow her instructions. You don't wanna piss Lesley off.

Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog makes me gag. So I'm going with HC - with whip of course.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Yes. And Santa was very careful to make sure that sis and I had the same # and roughly all the same size of packages. Not that we were competitive or anything. Never. Not us.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
This might be where I admit a little bit of OCD...I like them all to match. The multi-colored ones hurt my head.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Of course. You never know when the x-crush might be lingering in your doorway. Of course its a double edge sword. You never know when that icky person may linger too.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Don't tell, but the Friday AFTER Thanksgiving. I love me some decorating for Christmas. My apt generally looks like a snowman blew up in it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)
Broccoli Casserole. OMG. I don't know where mom found the recipe, but its now and has been for many a Christmas' my favorite.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Oh...hmmmm...it might be my Grandma Miller's wrapping. She used to use this metallic sparkly paper and put a unique design on each of our packages. I wish now, as an adult and with her no longer with us, that I would have taken a picture of them. They were beautiful.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I'm pretty sure my older sister told me. I don't really remember, but knowing my sister, she told me. And she probably tortured me with it by saying Santa didn't like me or something.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope. We were allowed to open ONE gift on Christmas Eve and it was almost ALWAYS pick up sticks. Don't know why or how that tradition started, but every year we get pick up sticks...oh and the chocolate covered cherries. MMMM

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Er, ah, with my hands. Oh and Pookie. He generally helps. But ornament wise, I'm a snowman girl. Many of my ornaments are snowmen, or flamingos. Don't ask. No garland though and no tinsel - the cat eats it.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Hate it. Especially if I have to drive in it. If it would snow and NOT land on the roads, I'd be fine.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, if I'm very drunk, because that's the ONLY time you'd get me on skates. Though a couple of years ago for my birthday -which is 4 days after Christmas - I was going to have a big party at the local ice skating rink, but all hell froze over that Christmas.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Em, no. I don't think I had a favorite. Maybe the Barbie camper or the airplane. I was big into Barbies.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The food. Dah, have you met me. Oh and maybe the family and going to Tucson. Its warm in Tucson. I'm usually the ONLY person at Christmas dinner with shorts on. Its like 75 for heavens sake...that is NOT sweater weather.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I'm not a big dessert fan, but I love me my mom's peanut butter fudge...or the chocolate fudge...mmmm... Hey Mom, get busy. You need to have that made by the time I get down there. You have 31 days.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Mom and I making the dinner. We get up early, and work our butts off. We make Clam dip and have it about 3 quarters the way through getting stuff done. Its fun. We move around the kitchen like we're related or something.

17. What tops your tree?
A gold star I bought at Crate & Barrel two years ago.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Well, I'd prefer getting, but in the spirit of Christmas, as I've aged, I like the idea of giving - especially to charities.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I'd say "do they know it's Christmas" But Lesley may be reading this and she'll punch me. So I'll go with Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! And funny Jenn story - when I was in choir many years ago, we were singing O Holy Night and we messed up the lyrics and I now sing it the WRONG way every time. Instead of "O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining." We/I sang, "O Holy Night, the stars are shightly BrY-ning"...and so that's how I sing it. What? Like you're surprised I'm a goof ball.

20. Candy Canes?
Yuck. Hate um.

And for those of you who care, my Christmas cards are done, hand made, addressed, stamped, with Christmas letter inside...and ready to be sent December 1st. If you want a special handmade Christmas card from Jenn, and you know you do, AND you're not on the regular Jenn mailing list, just send me your address and I'll oblige.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

You have the same birthday as my sister! Now I have no excuse for forgetting it, do I?

And piss on you for having your cards done already. Wanna do mine for me?