Tuesday, November 28, 2006

But the Fire is so delightful

Yes, Its 9:25 AM and I have a fire in my fire place. I awoke this morning to a smashing 18 degrees outside. EIGHTEEN-F*#%&$G - Degrees. I'd like to ask, when did I move to North Dakota. Its freakin' cold outside.

Seattle doesn't do snow and ice very well. Right before the evening commute last night it started to snow. Many people were stranded and or crashed. It took Sherrie 5.5 hours to go 15 miles to get home. FIVE HOURS. Oy vei!

But today. Today is a true snow day. The large software company in Redmond actually closed today. I was planning on staying home anyways, or at least going in later, but for them to close, you know it's bad.

My mom seems to be of the belief that we, Seattlites, are paying for our beautiful summer we had. And I think she might be on to something. The weather gods have decided that since we had such a nice, long, rain free summer that they will unleash their fury on us. First the floods, now the ice. I checked the bible and there's no reference of Noah putting skis on the arc. So I may have to rewrite that section.

Gotta go thaw out the cat. He's got a parka and uggs on.

4 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Of course he didn't put them on the arc - that was for the primo water skiing action!

... or not...

Al & Jo said...

I think Ken and Vicky got out of there just in the nick of time!!!!

It's cold here too...it's only 55 degrees -- cold for Tucson.

Nicki said...

Why do I get the feeling you're not kidding about the parka and uggs?

Jenn from WA said...

Ken - I'm ordering the Noah skis on ebay right now.

Mom - insert picture of my tongue being stuck out at you.

FM - Who me? Dress my cat in a parka and uggs....