Monday, November 25, 2013

I have no title

For some reason what I really wanted to write was "blank". Instead I wrote what I was thinking. 

Update on BigBro
He's still in ICU and is stable.  He's going into surgery tomorrow to have drains put in to constantly drain his lungs. This has me worried. Not the drains themselves, the surgery.  It's a 3-4 hour surgery and it scares me that he'll be under that long.  I know the drains are the right choice, and a choice I wish we never had to make. It never occurred to me that you may have two really bad options and you have to choose one.

SIL is hanging in there. She, like all of us, is scared.  She's tired and worn out emotionally.  I wish there was something I could do to help her with that, but there really isn't.

In other sad news the MomUnit lost her beloved dog Schuster today.  Sadly, she's up here and he's in Tucson.  Her good friend B was caring for Schuster and had to go through this (every dog/pet watchers nightmare, right?) MomUnit saved Schuster and his brother Simon 10 years ago. They didn't have such good lives for their first two years. Simon went to live with my brother J and Schuster stayed to live a very spoiled life with the parentunits. He had a good life. Loved and cared for like a dog should be. He was a quiet soul that had big eyes that stared into your soul.  You never knew if he was just staring at you or was sizing you up to take a chunk out of you (which he never did). He was a gentle boy who loved his people.  His tall spindle - y legs made him look like a daddy long leg spider, and he never really looked like he knew how to use all that leg.  His companion Beau (the other poodle) will likely be missing Schuster tonight.  He'll be greatly missed. RIP Schuster.

0 comments: