Sunday, November 03, 2013

Picking Paint is hard

I am not an Interior Designer. Far from it. I can match scrapbook paper and embellishments with the best of them, but beyond that - its the reason I wear black pants every day. Easy to match.

The Interior Designer gave me two options for paint. One a cool and one a warm neutral brown. Both look so different in the different lights the living room gets. During full sunshine I like the cool brown better. During the over cast I like the warm.

Blueberry was over yesterday and thought that neither would look good on the full wall nor would it make the fire place pop like it should. So she looked at the color swatches and talked me into going to get a sample of the next darker shade of the warm colors. Its called Portebello. Which is good cuz I like me some portebellos.

We put it on the wall and both determined we thought it was the best shade.  I think I'm sold.

Photo taken from the Internet
This isn't my room, but it's basically the color. I really like it and can't wait to paint.  I plan on painting next Saturday - then Sunday is Sunday dinner. The great unveiling of the new rearranged living room and the newly painted wall.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, the curtains will be here too. 

In other news, I've started searching for hotels in Rome for our cruise next April. OMG...there are so many.  I think it's still a better idea for me to go through a travel agent to find a hotel and airfare for me - hopefully they'll know more than me.

0 comments: