Thursday, May 11, 2006

Anyone got any percocet?

Just kidding...well sorta.

The back pain persists...YES I went to the doctor, mom. Sheesh! Though today its MUCH better thanks to the wonder of drugs. Methocabonal to be exact. Dr. Prescribed methocarbonal and acetaminophen combo for me. I took one last night and man did I feel good. Not happy, high good, just relaxed and somewhat pain free good.

I ended up on the floor trying to pick up some dirty clothes that didn't get washed this weekend. Only I couldn't "bend" over to pick them up. So gingerly I made my way to the floor - my initial thought was I was going to die there because I'd never get back up. But while there I was on my knees I stretched my arms out in front of me, put my head on the floor (imagine a cat stretching) and S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D!!!! Oh my, it felt so good. I must have lost track of time because my cat ended up sleeping on my hands that were out stretched. I'm sure he was thinking it was about time I bowed to him.

Anyhow, the drugs provided significant relief for me to sleep well. Getting up this morning was easier, moving is easier, sitting is easier...etc. All in all, I think I'm on the mend.

I do want to think "everyone" for their advice. Some of you, and you know who you are, should NEVER EVER become doctors or provide advice to me again. Freaks! And I call you my friends. Hah. But others of you have provided very useful tips that I'm sure is helping in my recovery. The best recommendation by far was from my friend - who shall remain nameless so I don't embarrass him - was for me to put a toothpick in my mouth, whistle dixie while standing on one foot hopping, and holding a bowling ball in one hand. And who, you ask, is on drugs? The most useful advice, given to me by a couple of you, has been to keep moving. Though a few of you said to not move at all...which is confusing. So I opted for the keep moving advice...now on my "trips to pee" I go the long route, usually get lost (if you've never been in a building on Microsoft campus - stop laughing - they are extremely confusing and maze like.) eventually finding a bathroom. So moving I got down.

3 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

I never gave advice so here's some: Don't hurt your back.

What?

Jenn from WA said...

Your A Dork!

Anonymous said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone