Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Vaudeville or Bust!

For the past two days I've been participating in our partner summit here in Seattle. It's a conference in which we invited our product partners to come and learn about our next version and all its fantastic features. We include extra activities as well, and held the conference on the water front at the Bell Harbor. It sits right on Puget Sound and we were fortunate enough to have TWO 80 degree and higher days in Seattle. Which is perfect considering our "swag" were really nice wind breakers...of course. Had we not ordered them and ordered, oh I don't know, sun block, it would have rained.

Two days of "participating". My participation was more on the lines of helping my office mate run the conference. She's the event planner and is a DAMN good one. She had things covered for this conference I didn't even know existed. I, being the social-talkative type, helped her at the main information/registration desk. It included getting people in the door, handing out FANTASTIC swag (gifts for non Microsoftee types), and chatting up all the men. Our partners are about 90% men. You'd think I'd be content with that...but ... these are techy guys... nough said.

I did actually get some work in too in that I got several opportunities to discuss Customer Experience with our partners (see, being that I'm the "Customer Experience Manager" I thought it might do me and the company some good).

Anyhow, last night we all descended into a bowl of bliss. Monica, office mate/event planner extraordinaire, arranged for all 150 of us to attend Teatro ZinZanni. From their web page, "Teatro ZinZanni is a big night out unlike any other, a three-hour whirlwind of international cirque, comedy and cabaret artists all served up with a five course feast designed by celebrated Northwest chef Tom Douglas."

And feast it was. The show was amusing and entertaining, the food was excellent. Its an expensive evening out to be sure, which is why I'm glad it was on the dime of this small software company in Redmond (aka Microsoft).

We got our faces painted and drank the most fantastic cosmos around. Just to make your mouth water, I thought I'd provide you with the menu of last night.


First Course
Tibetan Vegetable Samosas
with Homemade Cucumber Pickles and Tomato Ginger Chutney

Second Course
Creamy Carrot Soup
With Honey Cardamom Yogurt and Cracked Back Pepper

Third Course
Poached Prawns
Nestled on a bed of Arugula and Asparagus
Drizzled with a Delicate Coconut Vinaigrette and
Sprinkled with Curry-Dusted Cashews

Main Course
Tandoori Chickenon a Bed of Rice Pilaf, drizzled with Coriander
Yogurt and Surrounded by Snap Peas, Yellow Squash and Fennel
~or~
Fresh Halibut
Served with a Fragrant Red Curry Sauce on a
Bed of Rice Pilaf with Snap Peas, Yellow Squash and Fennel
( this is what I had - Oh. My. God was it good. I expected this WildOily flavor, and yet it was glorious and YUMMY! Which is the technical term for Good God Man that's damn good fish!)

Dessert
Chocolate Bananas Foster
Rich Chocolate Almond Cake topped with Sweet Banana
Rum Créme Brulee and Surrounded by Milk Chocolate Mousse
BURP!

5 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Okay---so I have gained 10 pounds just READING the menu! Sounds wonderful...hmmmm

Ken La Salle said...

I hope you brought enough to share, young lady!

Unknown said...

Hey, I am not out of here yet! I have two more weeks of full on adventure in Italy, then to Austria and such.

How are you?

We'll talk when I am back. Lot's to tell, but the web is just not the placeto do it.

CAL

Jenn from WA said...

Ken - Oh I have enough to share. Do you mind that its attached to my hips, my thighs, and my butt?

Lesley said...

Nice WildOily! :)