Tuesday, May 09, 2006

OWWWEEEEE!!!!!

Without a doubt, I'm the biggest baby when it comes to pain. I don't handle it well. And I'm not talking about casual pain...well - okay - I am. There is no good pain. I don't think I've always been like that. I think that pain distracts me from my greater purpose (whatever that is at the time) and it slows me down, which bugs me. I've known people who have had to manage serious pain and do it without any complaining or commenting about it. I mean, having a baby for example, may be out of the question if I can't have drugs.

Today's pain is unbearable.

I am having back spasms. A sharp, unnecessary pain shooting through my body with every breath I take. I was fine yesterday morning, then about lunch, getting up from my desk chair I just about passed out from the pain. It hurt enormously. And back pain, I think, is the worse. Your back is in every motion you make....argh.

Whimpering, walking like an old old lady I managed to get to the kitchen to grab some ibuprofen. That didn't work. As the yesterday progressed, every time I got up from the chair, my breath caught from the pain.

Now, I know I don't like pain...and that sometimes I might exaggerate a wee bit about the "pain". But this time, I ain't. Sleeping was surprisingly unpainful - might have something to do with the Tylenol PM, but more to that sleeping on my side doesn't hurt.

Getting up this morning didn't really hurt - it did, but not like the "real" pain that has grip of me now. I'm supposed to be having a cocktail party on Friday night...if the pain stays maybe the alcohol will help it.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

If the ibuprofen doesn't work, try acetaminophen. I've found if one doesn't work, the other usually will.