Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

I've been thinking today about writing a blog about my mom. What would I say about her? How could I write about this woman who is my best friend? So I called on my old pal the Internet. Surely some better writer has a mom like mine.

I can say this, I am the person I am today because of my mom. She's my best friend and the person who still to this day helps guide me through this thing called life. So for making me the person I am, thank you mom.


AS I LOOK BACK...
As I look back on my lifeI find myself wondering...Did I remember to thank you for all that you have done for me?

For all of the times you were by my side to help me celebrate my successes and accept my defeats?

Or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgement, courage, and honesty?

I wonder if I've ever thanked you for the simple things...The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared?

If I have forgotten to express my gratitude for any of these things,I am thanking you now...and I am hoping that you've known all along, how very much you are loved and appreciated.

~Author Unknown~


2 comments:

Nicki said...

That was sweet. Happy Mother's Day.

Al & Jo said...

Thank you J! That was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I love you.
Mom