Monday, May 08, 2006

The Weekend...priceless

I was going to try to come up with some witty schtick about this is that much, that is that much, spending times with paint fumes priceless -type of thing, but I think the paint fumes have stolen all my wit. (Yes, peanut gallery I had wit before).

Dudley was good on Friday. I wasn't able to stick around for nearly as long as normal. The gal pals I was with wanted to leave early and I didn't want to hang by myself. But they did put on one heck of a good first set this time. And I was right by the stage, winking shamelessly at Paul. Though I was getting SEVERAL mean looks from the "other" groupies in the front row. I doubt I'm any kind of threat to any of them, but their glares sure made me feel like I was a threat. This Dudley trip I was standing right by the keyboardist, Korby Sears, and marveled at his ability to sing, bounce around, AND play the keyboard. Did I ever tell you I gave up on piano and such when I was younger because I couldn't convince my hands to do two different things at the same time? AND don't even ask me to rub my stomach and pat my head. And since I'm admitting to my "faults", I can't wink both eyes separately either. There. I said it. I'm a freak.

Saturday I was up early painting away. Saturday night, Shannon stuck around to help me move my furniture back into place. Yesterday I actually made the place look less chaotic and more clean. Which was a stretch considering how out of sorts the entire place was for painting.

Its beautiful though. I love it. Its like I feel all grown up now. Finally. It only took 37 years.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I just got a mental image of you in my head trying to wink at Paul, only doing it with both eyes. How sexy that must have been.

Jenn from WA said...

I am a sex goddess, I tell you. = )

Ken La Salle said...

OT, I can't imagine playing piano. Vicky does it - she's pretty amazing. I learned a little Rachmoninof (fuck my spelling) once... but I learned it with one hand. See, that's why I'm a writer - I type ONE KEY AT A TIME!