Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Cranky Friday

Grrrr...!!!

!@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&*

!@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&* !@#$%^&*

Why? Why does the Friday before a three day weekend have to be one that is causing me great amounts of crankiness?

It all started last night when Sh*tKicker Shannon bailed on me. I was totally bummed. I know she didn't do it to piss me off - she had her reasons, but I was disappointed. And rightfully so. I had been waiting all month to see my boy Paul (aka. Lead singer of Dudley Manlove of whom I'm in love with. And considering the last Dudley show we left after the first set). Clearly not enough Dudley Calories in one month. But alas, she bailed. So I did what any normal, warm blooded woman would do.

I went shopping. (I know you were all thinking I went drinking huh?)

Only, to add more coal to my already burning fire, I left my debit card at home. ARGH!!! I had swapped out purses and all I had was the cash for the night and my Drivers License. To steal a word from the Patron Saint of Smartmouths...Fuckity!

On the plus side, I was still frustrated enough that I went home and cleaned. That's at least a good point.

THEN the neighbors upstairs, who are generally quiet, must have been climbing atop a 6 foot ladder and jumping off. Or had invited an elephant into their apartment. I laid in bed trying to figure of if they were fighting, or wrestling, or just being loud. I'm sure alcohol was involved (we've all been there...you know you have) and I'm sure they didn't realize they were being as loud as they were. And I'm VERY sure they didn't realize they had a very cranky person down stairs who was in srious need for beauty sleep.

Fast forward to today

...ever had one of those days when the first mail you open sends you into a tail spin of pissy-ness? Yah...that would be this morning.

I cannot say whether it was residual from last nights visit to Cranky Town or not...but man...I am all sorts of bent out of shape this morning.

Side bar: When I was in high school I used to write in a journal. I did it primarily because I wanted to record my memories, doings, etc. I was an early blogger without the blog capability. Many years later I was rereading my "blog" / "journal" and found a day in which I wrote, "Today was such a bad day. I can't even write about it. I don't want to remember." And it worked...I can't remember what I was so pissed about. Of course that was almost 20 years ago...but I'm just saying.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I think it's awesome to go back and read old journal entries, but I stopped keeping one, so I no longer have that option.

Hope you found some happy entries, too.

Jenn from WA said...

I stopped too...now I have the blog for that. = )

Al & Jo said...

GRUMPY! You and your dad!