Friday, August 25, 2006

Dudley Manlove wants ME to work for them.

What perfect timing. I may have to look for a job soon - so this would be perfect.

************************************************
Email from Dudley:
We're looking for a couple of good eggs willing to work the Dudley Manlove Quartet merchandise booth at the Triple Door show Saturday night. We're selling our lovely Dudley Manlove Memorial High School T-Shirts (just in time for back-to-school season) and our rockin' CDs -- and we need you to push our product proper!

We'll get you into the show for free, bring you drinks and give you a pedicure. Interested? Dudley Manlove Quartet is an equal opportunity employer.

*************************************************
Okay, so its not an email directed to JUST me. But, it did have my email address in the "To:" line, so who's to say that he didn't send it to just me. And a pedicure, oh yah baby.

As you are now probably aware, there is another show tomorrow night. They are losing one of the band members so this is his farewell show, AND their CD recording show. So I'm all over that. And heck, if I get to work closely and in a professional manner with the man, then I'm really all over it.

Cousin Sherrie is coming with me and I signed her up too. She suggested that perhaps I can sway the lead singer to possibly pay me in smooches instead of a ticket. Which means, if I pay for my ticket and then get paid in smooches from him, isn't that prostitution? I'm in.

Cousin Sherrie also suggested an intervention. She was cordially UN-invited.

I'll keep you posted because I know everyone's sitting on the edge of their seat to find out if I actually do work for them. I know you are. You know you are...just admit it.

And in other news...
Chose to be tagged to do this.

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet and current street name)

Sylvester 36!

2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your mom's side, your favorite candy)

Louise Monds (oh man - that sounds bad and she sounds fast)

3. YOUR "FLY GIRL/GUY" NAME: (first initial of first name, first two or three letters of your middle name)

J-JO
J-JOY
Either way- I'm way cool

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)

Turquoise Cat

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)

Joy Houston - Excellent - it really does sound like a Soap Opera name...

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME!!: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of your mom's maiden name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in)

Wrajesphou - The dark side should be scared. Unless, I am on the dark side.


7. SUPERHERO NAME: (your favorite color, favorite drink)

Turquois Cosmopolitan! (alcoholic)
Turquois Americano! (non-alcoholic)

Either way I want mind reading super hero abilities, or X-ray vision. I can't ever decide.

0 comments: