Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Jenn Wears Prada

Day one of the full on show. What a success. All has gone off without a hitch. As if I had any concerns. Here's a picture of the booth without anyone in it. I think it looks pretty nice. It looked better with people in it. And people in it we had.

Tradeshows, especially techy ones, are hours of entertainment and people watching. This one is no different. I expected the normal nerdy / geeky guys. That's a given in this industry. I didn't expect the old ladies that are like 100 years old. Man. There were about a half of dozen of them today and I was constantly afraid I was going to have to call 911 to get them oxygen or something. The new and rare item that was spotted today were HOT men. Not so common in this industry, and even more rare in product groups at the big software coming in Redmond. Yet, I found myself gazing, longingly at several today. One of the SpeechTEK gals has a "Best in Show" contest she's running. My mission, should I choose to endure it, is to pick a Best In Show tomorrow. Oh the trials one must go though.

After the show, myself and three gals from SpeechTEK all headed off to Little Italy for another titantic dining experience. I took them to the same place FNE took me (Favorite Nephew Ever for those of you just joining us). We ate just as much though I swore I wouldn't.

Yah so after the amazing dinner we had, I attempted to find the bakery for the cannoli FNE made me eat last time. Thankfully I couldn't find it. So we all waddled onward.


Instead, I found myself in a small back room of a shop who were selling "purses". It appears to be no secret that these "fake" purses are sold throughout this area, yet I found it amusing that we had to go into this secret back door to look at them. All the while I was thinking, "I'm gonna end up in jail with a cell mate who likes her women bigger." Not to be intimidated by this "illegal" act I was committing, I bought a Prada hand bag. Now, please notice...IT'S PINK!!!! t matches my phone. Oh stop groaning, you know you would have done the same thing. If you think you might want one, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with. They have Gucci, Kate Spade, Prada (like mine) Chanel, Louis Vitton, everything and in every color.

4 comments:

Al & Jo said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA -- I WANTTA' BE IN NYC WITH YOU AND FNE AND BEV. AND I WANT A PURSE...OR TWO. OR FOUR...GREAT FOR BD FOR MOM, OR XMAS...OR JUST BECAUSE FOR MOM.

Norman said...

I DO!! I DO!!! I WANT A PINK BAG!!

I WANT A PINK BAG!! I WANT I WANT I WANT!

**do you get the feeling that i heart your pink bag?

Sarah said...

Jenn, you are so funny! I'm so glad we went out. You are my kind of girl. Pink, pink, pink.

Unfortunately my pick for "best in show" got away before I could give him his ribbon. Damn. Do you think he actually needs to be present to claim his prize? I mean, if so, I could probably charter a jet and hand deliver it. Because that wouldn't be freaky or anything...

Jenn from WA said...

Mom - You had your chance to join us...too bad.

Norman - I did buy you a pink purse. Its Gucci...but I'm gonna keep it. = )

Sarah - I spent a good part of Wednesday checking out the men on the floor hoping against hope that I'd find the "Best In Show". And I did. Cantata had a HOTTY at their booth...giovanni something or other.