Thursday, August 31, 2006

I've got nothin'

Nothin' of interest to most of you anyhow. I do have a few demons I'm wrestling with that are keeping me busy.

Lexington Crash - I am obsessed with reading about this. I find myself daily checking all the news places to see if any new information comes out of the investigation. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Maybe I'm hoping that I'll read a report that says, "Just kidding." I've only known Sarah for a few months. We corresponded mostly through email as the conference approached. Then in NY we really got along well and I knew she and I would be friends - long distance perhaps, but friends. Hearing that she lost her husband in this crash was so surreal to me. I, like most of you, hear about the plane crashes or hurricanes or whatever disaster on the news. We may feel for a moment for those people who lost their lives and for their family. But its something completely different to me to read the manifest of passengers and come across a friends husband's name. My heart goes out to her and her family.

Mustang - We clicked over to 1000 miles this past weekend. Two weeks 1000 miles...not too bad. I'm getting much better gas mileage than I expected too. I think anyone who knows me now knows of the car and has done the appropriate oooh'ing and ahhh'ing / slobbering over it. I did have an unfortunate opportunity to find out how quickly it can stop. I will never understand people driving sometimes. Here's a hint: If its raining, and there seems to be stop and go traffic and if there's a half of car length between two cars - its probably not safe for you to change lanes and slam on your brakes. I can't type the words I said yesterday because - well my mom reads this.

25th Anniversary Party - The party is nearing. I've got just about everything under control. Coordinating the day will be the challenge. Mom tells me Dad hasn't been doing super well lately (we think he may be suffering from early stages of Alzeimer's). He's getting increasingly forgetful and mean about things. My biggest fear is he'll one day forget he had a daughter. I will miss the man who I love as my dad. Until then I'm going to see/do as much with him that I can (and try to remember all the mean things he may say aren't him, but the disease). Aside from that we are go for launch for the party.

The Job - No news is - um - maybe good news. I'm still feeling very uneasy about the possibility of them canceling my contract. The "BIG" announcements comes out the second week of September. I sent my resume out to friends for review and - well - I got some darn good suggestions. This weekend I'll be updating that and posting it on Monster and with my recruiter next week.

Let's see...what have I missed? Hmmmm... I think that's it for now. I'd say I'll write when something exciting happens...but I'm guessing excitement is out of my life for a bit. Time to focus inward again. Oh joy!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

We want to hear about the crush!

crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush! crush!

Jenn from WA said...

Okay, that totally got me laughing. Unfortunately I have nothing to post. He's been laid up lately with some back troubles and I haven't seen him (and barely hear from him) in over a month. So for now, sadly, its on hold. = ) I could make something up...

Melissa said...

Jenn, my ears perk when they are about parent stuff (I really miss mine!). Is it possible to have him checked for minor strokes? Mom? :-) I don't know much about alzheimers, but I know the strokes my dad did change much of his personality, and that was the hardest to bare. It was a progression of easily ten years. The worst was during one of his last hospital stays, and it was as if he hated me! That sent me out in tears, but the nurses who were familiar did talk to me about the changes that strokes cause in the personality.

Hang in there.

So your the one who's car I hear ripping up and down 405 in the mornings :-) Have you named it yet? (I might have missed that post). I remember poor Sparky fondly! LOL! Especially when you parked him in that unfortunate spot during the winter at Stephenson :-)