Tuesday, July 04, 2006

As if on queue...

I'm not sure of the statistic, but the standard joke in Seattle is that summer starts July 5th. Meaning it usually rains on the 4th of July. In the past week or two we've had EXCEPTIONAL weather. Which is standard protocol for the mental trip the weather here in Seattle plays on its patrons.

Today is July 4th. I joking thought to myself last night as I watched the weather report anxiously waiting for the news of rain. Nothing. Wait...what? No rain. Surely the weather gods realized it was the 4th of July.

I changed the channel. Ah ha....channel 13 ...they'll tell me it'll be raining tomorrow. Nope. Drat.

So off to bed I went. My mind spinning...I wasn't able to understand this craziness that was happening. Maybe it was due to Global Warming? Yah. That's why.

This morning about 5:30AM I was awaken by thunder. Yes, thunder. I wanted to laugh out loud - but I didn't because I would wake the cat which meant he'd pester me until I fed him. My world had been restored. I knew it would rain on the 4th of July.

Now, this doesn't mean its still raining. Oh no...its 65F outside and sunny.

Tonight's festivities will be going to downtown Bellevue with Mike and a few other friends to enjoy the atmosphere of the 4th. Bellevue Square does an excellent display. I will be making Secret Cosmos ( cosmos that we put in a thermos and plastic colored glasses so they don't know what we're drinking).

And as a special gift to us, Pookie and I have one less life. Last night some rodents (aka local brats) were throwing fireworks around. One said firework landed in my back patio. It wasn't your normal fire cracker...it was one of those large ones. Pookie, who had been sitting by the sliding door. The fire cracker went off, he went off, and I went off. Good times. Pookie has gone into hiding.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

My poor grandkitty! He will never be the same! TRAMA!!

Jenn from WA said...

With every snap crackle and pop, Pookie is dumping fur upon every escape. He'll poke his head out long enough for another firework to go off...and he's gone again.