Sunday, July 16, 2006

Pirates, Pasta Sauce and a Crush

Pirates, yum. Okay so maybe only if the pirate is Johnny Depp. I went yesterday to see his new movie. I didn't realize this was movie 2 of 3. Did you know that? I didn't realize they were making a third, but in fact they are and it will be available next summer. Knowing that going in helps a bit. It's definitely a #2 movie. Remember how the Back to the Future #2 movie was a bit awkward and unfinished? That's how this movie was. All that being said it was FANTASTIC. Johnny Depp = Yummy. Orlando Bloom = Yummy. And for the guys Kiara Knightly = Yummy. If you're into girls that is. Go see it! You won't be disappointed. Excellent special effects and creativity.

Pasta sauce, yum. Ken gave me a classic tomato sauce for this week's recipe (July 11th). I made it earlier this week and in the words of Rachel Ray "YUM O!" It's tasty. And in my typical Jenn cooking fashion I didn't actually follow the recipe completely. I added pepper flakes and I blended the mixture for a nice smooth texture. (I so need a food processor).

A crush, yum. So the crush went with me to see Pirates yesterday. I didn't take this opportunity to actually announce my crush on him. I do think however that he knows. How could he not? Could guys really be that dense? Don't answer that. Anyhow, I took this opportunity instead to get to know him a bit more. I asked questions instead of my normal "not" asking. We went to Mike's house after the movie for a BBQ and we all had good solid, continual conversation. I know everyone is dying for me to make a move. But I like the way this is going. I like getting to know him. Oh and I had to ride in his car yesterday. A big step for me since I generally don't like letting other people drive, because too many people scare me. He drives like me...so I'm good. No fear there. So for all of you who are waiting with "baited breath" for something to happen. You'll have to wait longer. Sorry. (and in case you're wondering I've been watching the hits on my blog and as far as I can tell he still hasn't hit it. So I think I'm safe. If I'm not, oh well. Then I guess he'll know!)

2 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Yeah for Yum!

With regards to the recipe, I have a hand blender (what Emeril refers to as a "bolt motor"), that does a great job of blending in the pan - indespensible!

Nicki said...

Johnny and Orlando are lickalicious. I should go see the movie.

I kind of like the suspense with the crush. The slow build-up...