Monday, July 31, 2006

I vant to dwink you blood - insert vampire accent here!

Some wild, insane twig got up my butt today and I decided to give blood. Now, I'm sure I've mentioned in the past how I HATE needles. Not just hate them, but HATE them. So why decide to go give blood? Surely I know they use needles, right? Yes yes. I know that...and still I felt like it was the right and good thing to do - now, a feeling that floats to the top all that often and when it does, and I feel that compelled, I follow my hunch.

Aside from being a bit woozie from the loss of blood, I think they may find that my blood might have some remnants of alcohol in it. I'm just saying. I had beers with the crush last night and there might be some left over droplets of alcohol in my blood stream...I sure know there are some left overs in my head.

Oh, you got that did ya? I had beers with the crush last night. I thought I'd sneak that in...

Oh, you want to hear the story do ya? Well I don't kiss and tell. Oh wait, don't get all excited, there was no kissing. I did, however, do my best to flirt. Not something I'm good at, and certainly still unsure if he gets my flirting. I would have to say with 100% assurance that if he didn't' get my flirting last night, this boy will never get it and therefore I should cut bait and move on.

Man, you are a tough audience. You want the goods don't ya? You want the whole story. Fine twist my arm, I'll tell ya. And I might ask for some advice about whether the boy is interested or not. You tell me.

It started by us "planning" to meet at a the Hotwire to discuss some project management stuff. Okay, I admit it, discussing project management stuff for PMA *might* just be a pretense to get together with him. *Might* be. He has been having some back pain issues of late and so was unable to meet (and more importantly sit) at Hotwire. So he offered up going to a bar and standing to discuss said project management stuff.

Feeling a bit inadequate and a bit lazy, I did what I do best, I gave him an out. Surely by telling him if he was too tired to meet, he'd take the out right? But instead he CALLED me. CALLED me. Now, traditionally any phone conversations between he and I has been because he's not remembered how to get to my place and may be a bit lost. So him actually calling me, threw me for a loop. I think that's a good sign, no?

We made our plan, I changed my clothes and I was off.

We met at a nice little pub in Seattle. Quiet and not busy. I got there before him and was fortunate to find prime parking right up front. Its probably important to know that previously in our phone conversation he was telling me where I could park and I made some comment about parallel parking in-abilities and how bad I was at it. So he told me of a few other places that weren't parallel parking. Though since there was parking right up front, might as well take it. AND I had like a half of mile, so I was good. Once he got there, he made a joking comment about how far I was from the curb out side...and that he was pretty sure my front tire was about 18 inches away - so I was good. He continued by saying if we wanted to go get a ruler to check we could. See? Teasing is a good positive thing I think. Mom always said the boys that tease you like you.

The night progressed, and I pulled out my best "flirty" smile and winks all night. I made sure when there were opportunities for our arms to touch (we were, after all standing next to each other) that they touched. I made sure that I was attentive to his stories, and was not hogging the conversation. I asked pointed questions, and laughed at all the right times and his jokes...which were rather amusing. We talked about my soon to be purchased Mustang. He's mildly amused, I think at how excited I get about that car. When I mentioned that I have no idea where said excitement about Mustangs comes from in general. He commented that it was something that defined me. See? Again, with the insights.

I did have an opportunity to broach the subject of this "crush" thing, but I wasn't on my best game and so didn't think of it until on my way home. Naturally. We were talking about eHarmony and I was saying how I hated the experience because it took so long for people to respond. He said, "Well Jennifer you've waited this long." See! I could have said, "And Mr. Crush, why are you making me wait longer?" But no, I didn't think about it - of course, admittedly, hearing him say my name made my knees buckle and I was trying to figure out how exactly that was happening...and about the same time I realized that was happening I was thinking, "Oh man, this is going to be painful."

I'm off to NY this week so won't get a chance to see the crush until after. But he did make a point to ask when I got back...could be just polite conversation I suppose. But I'm choosing to believe it's because he's counting down the days when he can see me again. Oh wow...that was even too much sap for me. Sorry. I'm going now.

9 comments:

Nicki said...

*clapping giddily* I think he likes you, I think he likes you!

Remember one thing about guys - they want to sleep with every woman they know. Which means he wants to sleep with you.

You GO, girl.

Jenn from WA said...

Sleeping with me would be fine...its a start....

Unknown said...

Very Cool!!!! You are making headway! now could you seal the deal please and kiss him or be REALLY direct. Maybe you will learn that in NY this next week. Get some pointers while you are there.

Good job, Jenn!!!! I am VERY happy for you! this is a good note to go off to NY on!

Anonymous said...

Okay so, do you have any idea how long that entry was - or so it seemed? First I read hoping for something juicy, and then I read more, then ended up scrolling to the end (yawn) and then read backwards in case I had missed the big part. CUT BAIT? How can you cut bait when you haven't even gotten in the boat and started fishing? You're still standing on the dock worrying about getting into the boat! (I write this with love, my dear)

Jenn from WA said...

Oh Jackie...how I love thee too. funny enough another person told me offline that I was not allowed to cut bait until I actually was brave enough to get into the boat with a man. = )

Nicki said...

Cut the bait? I would take that as stop fishing and start fooling around!

Vicky said...

You know that I'm very happy for you, but you also know that the clock is ticking and your deadline looms...115 days until I tell him everything!

Al & Jo said...

After reading the comments and giggling like silly, I guess you don't need Mom's input. You go Vicky! And I agree with Jackie! Get direct with him for heavens sakes...you don't have any problem being direct with other people! GO FOR IT! I am tired of waiting for the "juicy" stuff!

Jenn from WA said...

You know I gotta say, I'm going to write like this more often. This is the MOST comments I've ever received.

Okay Okay. I get the picture from everyone. I don't need to be hit over the head with a 2X4...he apparently does...but eh.