Tuesday, July 25, 2006

In the words of Rachel Ray, "YUM O"!

Friend Erin came over tonight for a much needed night of scrapbooking. It feels good to finally open up the creative Jenn again. She's been missing way too long.

As with anyone who visits my house, I cooked dinner. Oh man did I ever. I have a list of 800+ recipes so its often challenging - to put it mildly - to pick a recipe. I usually have a vague idea of what I want. I stumbled onto this recipe on my list - Sirloin Burgers with Balsamic Mayo, Mushrooms and Swiss. I'm sure I witnessed Mistress Ray making it on one of her shows and I thought, "I must make that."

And so today was the day. In typical Jenn fashion I did "MY" version. I substituted sirloin with ground chicken. Not only to help me keep my girlish figure, but beef and I aren't getting along these days. I also think the bun is overkill...its a HUGE burger and the bun just gets in the way.
Ken if you're out there listening - You GOTTA make this recipe on your own.

BURP!

2 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Actually, I think I'm going to turn this bad boy (or girl) over to our GrillMaster, Princess Vicky, because this sounds like it would make for some serious grillin'!

Nicki said...

A burger sounds good right about now.

Will you come over and make one for me? You make me feel so inadequate with all your cooking stories. *sniffle*