Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful?

I'm not a Stevie Wonder fan, but that song ALWAYS comes to mind when I look at this.



I mean, come on? She's beautiful. And if all goes right, SHE will be mine in August. This is the car and color of what I am soon to be the owner of...if all goes as planned.

Many of you may know that I owned a Mustang from 1999 - Oct of 2000. I loved that car. I miss that car. I got rear-ended and they had to total out the car. I was completely bummed. I knew a new design would be coming out and so opted to wait for the "new and improved" design.

I have test driven the car...and like a school boy on his first date, I got all giddy and excited. It was all I could do to contain my excitement so the sales person didn't "sell" me the car on the spot.

I have decided to go with the hard top instead of the convertible. I just don't like the way the convertibles look when the tops up. And living in Seattle, having the top up will happen more than the top being down. I'll be getting the V6 - der...as if I could afford the V8...AND I'll be getting a standard. I've gone back and forth between the standard and automatic transmission. I commute far enough now that a standard transmission will be a pain in the ass...1st gear, 2nd gear, stop. 1st gear, second gear, stop. But I also know I may not ALWAYS be commuting this far AND driving a standard is just plain more fun.

This purchase will have to wait though. I'm eagerly planning my NY adventure. While I will mainly be there to work...all work and no play makes Jenn very cranky. So I do plan on doing some site seeing...AND my sister-in-law, Beverly, will be joining me for a weekend. Should be a ton of fun. Can't wait. Any suggestions on what to do and see there are appreciated and welcome? Obvious things like Empire State Bldg, Ground Zero, Liberty need not be mentioned. But any other random suggestions are.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I love that car, too. If only my foot weren't made of lead... I couldn't afford the speeding tickets.

As for NY, Hmmmmm... it never really floated my boat when I've been there, so I can't really recommend anything. CHICAGO, now, that, I can do.

Jenn from WA said...

I'm having my lead foot amputated.