Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Wanna Be Sedated

As I sit her today trying to focus ONE coherent thought, a fleeting thought passes me that it sure didn't hurt this much to drink a "little" 10 years ago. A hang over at 37 sure appears to be a different beast than it was 10 years go. You'd think that as we got older that dealing with just a wee bit of alcohol wouldn't be as painful. But alas, here I sit in my post-drinking, post-dudley stuper trying to remember what it *was* like back then. And well, thinking just makes the sledge hammer in my head that much more obvious and unwelcomed. Blessed be the inventor of Tylenol. That person I truly love this morning.

DMQ put on an exceptional show last night. Their loungy selves sang the night away and I, the most important crowd monger, helped add the little "gid" in their "giddy up". I too sang my little heart out last night and consequently am a little hoarse today. They were the perfect date last night (since the crush didn't show - but he didn't say he would I just was "hoping" - cuz that's what I do, I hope.) and did all my favorite Dudley-ish-ess songs. Their evening started off with sultry sounds of the lounge (though their signature opening song, oddly enough, Copa Cabana didn't make an appearance last night), a little dash of Dancing Queen, a pinch of Elvis, a cup of Neil Diamond and topped off with fanciful song about Peace, Love and Understanding. They did show me one good time.

They did make a few key announcements last night that not only excited me, but saddened me. Their saxophone player is leaving the band. So sad to see him go. He's been a part of dudley since dud was a part of ley. AND they are doing a CD recording party at a local hot spot. So naturally, Biggest Dudley Fan Ever (BDFE) - aka Me, will be on hand to help cheer the boys into another exciting CD.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I agree teh hangovers are harder in the 30's. I'm contemplating a few drinks tonight, but warily so, as I got hammered in Key West a couple of weeks ago, and have not yet forgotten that hangover.

Eat something greasy, like sausage, and drink something sugary and syrupy, like soda. It works like a charm every time for me. *Warning* Above doesn't go down so easily, but works magic once it does.

Melissa said...

LOL oh Jenn... I was thinking that same thing about recovery from "the night before" about 4 weeks ago. I haven't drank any alcohol since! It was funny because I kept thinking that college was never quite this bad--2 days later (it took me a while to get back to myself again).

So did the crush go with you to the show? :-) nosey people want to know :-)

Jenn from WA said...

No sadly, solje, the crush didn't show. But he's dealing with some pretty painful physical issues right now...so it was no big surprise. But...I did spend part of last night with him at a bar...