Sunday, July 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Pookie!


The Great Black Feline who rules this place turned 11 yesterday, though he acts like he's still 3 (don't get me started on how long it takes boys to mature). He was a little depressed yesterday because he got no cards & no call from Grandma. He did what any cat would do when they turn 11 - he slept all day. It was hard to see that he was in fact celebrating since it appeared like he was doing what he does every day. Only someone who really knows him knows he was depressed-sleeping.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOKIE!

Other names he goes by:

His original name was Dulcinea. But then his little kitty cotton balls dropped and I realized he was, in fact a boy cat. He then became Fang because he used to bite all the time. One day I decided he was my little Don Juan. So DJ, or Don Juan, is his "real" name. And then some where along the way I started calling him Pookie. While watching STOMP I read that STOMPs original name was PookieSnackenBurger...so Pookie became PookieSnackenBurger. I have all sorts of "names" from that: SnackNPoop, PookieSnack..etc. Occasionally he gets called My Big Black Beast of Burden. Or Mi Gatito Lindo (my beautiful cat).

No matter his name though he's my buddy, my pookie, my cat.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I have a variety of names for my cats as well. (Calley's) Calley O'Malley in the Alley Cat, Calley Ripkinette, (Sebastian's) Bastian, Little Man, Big Belly Man,(Mr Jingles') Jingle Bells, Hingabeals, Shitbird. Calley used to be Ozzy, but I changed it after she got fixed and calmed down.